Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

Resolved- but I don't know what I did to resolve it, so I can't take credit .

HELP!
I've been an FMer for a couple of years- but I'm not a technically-oriented person, which is why I don't fool with basic computer settings.
This problem first happened two weeks ago and lasted two days. It happened again yesterday and is still there. I have no idea what caused it because I was just doing my normal thing (looking at posts that interested me).

It is this: I open a post (including my own). It appears on the monitor as usual. Within a couple of seconds the whole thing jiggles (sort of like a quick blink). A few seconds after that, my monitor goes white. When I hit the back arrow, it goes back to the post, and then goes white again. When I hit the back arrow- and then hit it again, it goes back two steps to the board I was looking at- and stays there.
One more thing- I can post my own images. I just can't look at (or respond to) any posts at all.
Please- how do I fix this?
Please respond by PM because I can't open an individual post.
Charlie Shugart

Edited on Dec 13, 2011 at 05:37 PM · View previous versions

Nov 29, 2011 at 06:07 PM
Bsmooth
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

I'm having the same issue, and now can't look at any posts at all. I'm using IE7, but it was working fine a week ago, whats going on?
I basically can't look at anything here any longer.

Dec 02, 2011 at 02:43 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

I am not having any problems. Which browser are you using and have you tried different browsers?

EBH

Dec 02, 2011 at 06:46 PM
Bsmooth
• • •
p.1 #4 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

As I stated in the email, I'm using WinXP Internet Explorer 7, and I only use Google.
But I can log into the FM forums fine, its just when I open a thread that I'm having this problem.
As I said a week ago (approximatly) I had no problems, so somethings changed here I think.
I'll try it at home where I use Win7 64 bit and Google as well.
In case your wondering how I posted this, I had to be very quick to hit the Post button,I probably only have 2 seconds or less to do it.

Dec 02, 2011 at 07:36 PM
Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

Question: is this specific to this fourm (website), or is this a general problem for all video display on your computer...have you tried a different monitor or computer?

I'm asking because I'm working on a couple laptops that give the same symtoms, a quick flicker, cursor hesitation, then white screen. The problem I'm working with is a graphic chip problem on a Dell XPS M1530 and is related to bad solder flow at the pins on the Nvidia chip set on the mother board.

Jefferson

Dec 03, 2011 at 02:49 AM
Bsmooth
• • •
p.1 #6 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

Nope just this site, and on my PC running Win7 at home it works fine.As I said something changed, maybe the site decided not to be compatible with older versions of Internet Explorer.
Its a company PC, but as I said it worked fine a week or two ago, its just recent.

Dec 03, 2011 at 03:58 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

I only recently was told how to deal with my white screen problem: as soon as my screen flickers- I click the red X near the top. If I time it right, the post stays on-screen. If it goes white, I click the left arrow and then try the red X again when it flickers.
The only photo forum I use besides FM is Nat Geo, and I have no problem there.
I don't have any other problems with my 3-4 year old computer.
I also use Internet Explorer.
Charlie

Dec 08, 2011 at 08:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jefferson
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

?

Jefferson

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:22 PM
photoman333
• • •
p.1 #9 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

It almost sounds like an aggressive ad is not being completely blocked by the pop-up blocker - the window opens but the page doesn't load.

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:50 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

Thanks all for the input.
I haven't solved the problem, but I switched from Google to Yahoo! and I don't have the problem, although I've lost my e-mail capability somewhere.
Life ain't easy.
Charlie

Dec 10, 2011 at 08:15 PM
davalan
• •
p.1 #11 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

I had this exact same problem. The only way I could stop the screen going white was to click on the red cross.

Now, just today it's stopped happening and things are back to normal.

I wonder what it was?

David

Dec 21, 2011 at 09:58 PM
vilimo
• • •
p.1 #12 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

When you have the white screen, can you switch/toggle screen / window by pressing "alt" and "tab" keys? If you can do this, you may be able to minimize it and then close that unwanted window/screen by right clicking your mouse.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Bsmooth
• • •
p.1 #13 · Help! White screen- (Resolved)

Yes it has stopped today, a mysterious fix, or something that isn't loading now possibly?
Whatever it was its a great Xmas gift for all who had issues.

Dec 22, 2011 at 02:31 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password