Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
       end

Archive 2011 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

vsg28
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #1 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

You won't regret it. I handled all 3 I mentioned above and they are all keepers. You get a lot of accessories as well and a 10 year USA warranty- hard to beat at that price.

I also have an Induro BHL-3 ball head which I personally consider second to none save the RRS BH-55.

Sep 30, 2012 at 02:03 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #2 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

vsg28 wrote:
I am deciding between those very two and also the CT314. I think the 414 is a bit too beefy for anything DSLR frankly. Remember it is Induro's equivalent of a Gitzo Series 5.

I may end up going with CT314

I would say the CT414 is very different from a Gitzo series 5.
The weight of the tripod is the same or even more than a Gitzo Systematic series 5. The maximum load limit according to Induro's own spec is 15 kg less than the Gitzo. And the same as a Gitzo Systematic series 2-3.
It also have a center-column which the Gitzo don't have.

Sep 30, 2012 at 07:47 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.7 #3 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Well it isn't the exact same of course, and we all know not to go by load ratings. But I agree, I would have preferred no center columns- especially when the height of the legs is around 6 feet by themselves.

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.7 #4 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

vsg28 wrote:
Well it isn't the exact same of course, and we all know not to go by load ratings. But I agree, I would have preferred no center columns- especially when the height of the legs is around 6 feet by themselves.

My point was: It's not similar to the Gitzo series 5. And it's not as stable as the series 5. Not even close.
It's probably more similar to a Gitzo Mountaineer series 3 with center-column. If you like to compare it with a Gitzo

Sep 30, 2012 at 01:20 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.7 #5 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Comparing different companies and the stability of tripods is something I don't want to get into, I have found "stability" varies from person to person. That said, I am not surprised if the Gitzo 5 is more stable than the Induro 414.

Sep 30, 2012 at 01:26 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.7 #6 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

vsg28 wrote:
Comparing different companies and the stability of tripods is something I don't want to get into, I have found "stability" varies from person to person. That said, I am not surprised if the Gitzo 5 is more stable than the Induro 414.

That's what you did compare when writing "Remember it is Induro's equivalent of a Gitzo Series 5."
and that's why I replied to your post

Sep 30, 2012 at 01:54 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.7 #7 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

"Equivalent" was probably the wrong word

More like Induro's closest to Gitzo series 5, which is close enough to most people.

Sep 30, 2012 at 02:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

oldrattler
• • • • •
p.7 #8 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

You might want to check out the feisol as an alternative I have the 3371 & it has served me well...
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/735088/0

Sep 30, 2012 at 02:09 PM
workerdrone
• • •
p.7 #9 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Just reporting back, I did receive the Induro CT313 a while back and it's a beauty. Wish I could compare it side by side with an "equivalent" Gitzo, but for SLR use it's probably overkill and functions very smoothly. Overkill is reassuring sometimes, especially when you've got $7k balanced on top. Just right IMO, it's super light for the size and very strong and though bulky, not a pain to carry strapped onto my Kata pack.

Speaking of overkill, I then bought a 24 foot! tall tripod today off CL. Didn't even know they made these things, haha - any suggestions for a quality P&S with wide angle, remote trigger capability, and video out to put on top of it?

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:45 PM
vsg28
• • •
p.7 #10 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

I was considering the CT313 but with my student discount, I went ahead and got the CT414 instead. Absolutely loving it!

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:03 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.7 #11 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

lol seems like Induro managed to "replicate" the Gitzo G-lock system as well. I took apart one leg to do some measurements of leg thickness and discovered the locking mechanism is pretty much the same with similar bushings too. No wonder I was surprised the legs locked with 1/3 twist of the knobs at most. Good for me I guess

Oct 21, 2012 at 03:13 AM
drabbit

p.7 #12 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

While there is much truth that you get what you paid for, it is not an absolute. I feel sorry for those who will only drink expensive wine.

May 08, 2014 at 05:38 PM
peter_n
• • •
p.7 #13 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

vsg28 wrote:
lol seems like Induro managed to "replicate" the Gitzo G-lock system as well. I took apart one leg to do some measurements of leg thickness and discovered the locking mechanism is pretty much the same with similar bushings too.

Induro is a Benro brand that's sold in the US. Benro makes Gitzo copies; I use Benro parts on my Gitzo tripod and vice versa. Many Induro and Benro parts are interchangeable too.

May 09, 2014 at 12:33 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password