Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       7       end

Archive 2011 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

nowherean

Account locked
p.6 #1 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

You can't go wrong with a Gitzo I think. The brand is well established and if you ever need to resell it, you won't loose much money, especially if you buy your Gitzo used. I bought a used (new condition) Gitzo for 1541T for $350. So between Craigslist, eBay, GearSnapper there are many choices to find used Gitzos.

Dec 26, 2011 at 07:51 PM
jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #2 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

I went majorly wrong with gitzo and will never buy another

Dec 26, 2011 at 08:23 PM
M635_Guy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #3 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Gentlemen, can I suggest we stop trying to convince Jack of anything and let this thread die? His other thread has been locked because he is too sensitive to realize what people are actually saying, and he's far too hurt about his experience with Gitzo to believe there is quality in that brand.

It is his right to feel that way, even if a lot of us disagree. He's not going to change his mind, and I think further activity in this thread only diminishes the community.

Dec 27, 2011 at 04:52 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.6 #4 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

nobody's trying to convince me. I'm not the OP. I was just chiming in when the "you can't go wrong" statement was made

Dec 28, 2011 at 07:11 PM
M635_Guy
• • • •
p.6 #5 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Edited since I was being rude, but sheesh.

Dec 29, 2011 at 05:44 AM
sandycrane
• • •
p.6 #6 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Because I have an older Gitzo and a newer Benro, and having no problems with either, I am pretty neutral on this subject. I find it interesting, though, that the Chinese tripods have reached a level where they are discussed with respect on this conservative board.

Dec 29, 2011 at 04:54 PM
igmolinav
• •
p.6 #7 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Hi,

Thank you for all your replies : ) !!!

Kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!

Jan 21, 2012 at 05:19 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.6 #8 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

i'm really happy with my induro CT313. It was $85 more than the Gitzo explorer I had but the Gitzo is a toy by comparison and with the two sets of bushings and locking rings I had to buy to keep the gitzo working it ended up being way more money than the induro. Of course, i'm still in the honeymoon phase with the induro but the difference in quality is pretty obvious. I'm sure the higher end gitzos are better but in the $400-$500 ish range, I don't think you can beat the induro.

Jan 21, 2012 at 02:14 PM
surf monkey
• • • •
p.6 #9 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

I have been an amused voyeur on this thread, but feel like adding an observation.

I think that when most Gitzo fans say, "Buy a Gitzo, you won't regret it", they really are saying "Buy the best". Which can be translated to mean buy the "best" Gitzos, not referring to the "lesser" models. This means that you should compare the best (and more expensive) Gitzo offerings to the best from other companies. I do understand that comparisons between similar priced products from Gitzo and it's competitors seem fair and makes sense if you choose products based on a specific budget limit. But this can be a little like comparing a Range Rover and a Corvette because they're the same price.

My personal opinion: My Induro products offer great value and performance, my Gitzos have a better "feel" and slightly better performance (I especially prefer the leg locks). The Gitzo tripods have many more models and offer more options. And the RRS tripods seem to be the best of the best.

Jan 23, 2012 at 05:44 AM
Glenn NK
• •
p.6 #10 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

My observation is that whatever I have is the best brand, and whatever you have is not likely as good even though you paid more for it and it's actually better.

Glenn

Jan 23, 2012 at 06:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jzucker
• • • •
p.6 #11 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

surf monkey wrote:
I have been an amused voyeur on this thread, but feel like adding an observation.

I think that when most Gitzo fans say, "Buy a Gitzo, you won't regret it", they really are saying "Buy the best". Which can be translated to mean buy the "best" Gitzos, not referring to the "lesser" models. This means that you should compare the best (and more expensive) Gitzo offerings to the best from other companies. I do understand that comparisons between similar priced products from Gitzo and it's competitors seem fair and makes sense if you choose products based on a specific budget
...Show more

I think there's also a lot of snobbery and face it, folks want to think that they bought wisely. The internet is full of folks defending their purchase of guitars, amps, cars, woodworking tools, etc. It's human nature. Plus it's good business. If you bought that expensive boutique tripod and someone starts dissing on it, there's a good chance you might lose money when you go to sell it. I think all that accounts for the chest pounding on these sites.

I agree 100% that when folks say "buy a gitzo", they are talking about the $600-$800 leg sets. In fact, someone said as much earlier in one of my other threads implying that the explorer I bought didn't count because it was an older and cheaper model.

My point is that gitzo is a brand. They make good and bad stuff just like most companies.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Glenn NK
• •
p.6 #12 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

jzucker wrote
In fact, someone said as much earlier in one of my other threads implying that the explorer I bought didn't count because it was an older and cheaper model.

I have the Explorer, and have heard similar comments. But when it comes to photography of very small low lying flowers, it is the best option available; none of the other models will cut it.

Jan 23, 2012 at 08:14 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.6 #13 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Glenn NK wrote:
I have the Explorer, and have heard similar comments. But when it comes to photography of very small low lying flowers, it is the best option available; none of the other models will cut it.

I replaced mine with a Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT which works great and hopefully will be more reliable. I have the induro for more traditional stuff and the vanguard for flowers and such....

Jan 23, 2012 at 08:31 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.6 #14 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Bogen Imaging are the agents/distributors of Gitzo products, so you should be able to get parts and service from them:

http://www.bogenimaging.us/Jahia/home_page

jzucker wrote:
so where do you get Gitzo spare parts in the US?

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.6 #15 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

bobbytan wrote:
Bogen Imaging are the agents/distributors of Gitzo products, so you should be able to get parts and service from them:

http://www.bogenimaging.us/Jahia/home_page

been there, done that, sold it on ebay.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.6 #16 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Glenn NK wrote:
My observation is that whatever I have is the best brand, and whatever you have is not likely as good even though you paid more for it and it's actually better.

Glenn

+100

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:26 AM
workerdrone
• • •
p.6 #17 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Am trying to decide between Induro CT313 and CT414 tripods at the moment - I would like something very solid that I will not want to upgrade for years to come. Interested in any comments comparing the two - currently my heaviest load is D800, 200 f2 w TC on arca Z1 ballhead. Probably will not be going to big birding lenses so the Gitzo 3 series or CT313 is probably plenty solid but with the D800 resolution I would like to be rock solid - so have been looking at the Gitzo 5 series and CT414 too. Oh, and I'm 6'3"

Also, everyone seems to recommend buying the shorter column along with the tripod - any reason I can't just cut the column it comes with and save myself $60, other than I won't have the long option anymore?

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.6 #18 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

I have the 314 and I love it. Extremely solid.

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:04 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.6 #19 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

I am deciding between those very two and also the CT314. I think the 414 is a bit too beefy for anything DSLR frankly. Remember it is Induro's equivalent of a Gitzo Series 5.

I may end up going with CT314

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM
workerdrone
• • •
p.6 #20 · Gitzo tripod vs. Induro tripod

Thanks - I did find something stating no problem cutting the stock column if you wish, and I've pulled the trigger on the CT313 with 1 less leg section to deal with. Was really hoping to visit B&H in NYC to put hands on a bunch of pods but don't know when I could make that happen, it would be an entire day of driving.

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:46 AM
       7       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

7       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password