Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

manubo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

I saw that bag ,looks absolutely cool and was about to order it ,but I don't seem to find enough reviews on it . One of the few reviews I did manage to read said it was a problem to fit pro cameras (D1 and alikes) or semi-pro cameras with grips attached (40D ,7D and alike).On the other hand I saw another forum where one of the threads asked the same and the reply to that question was that it did fit .Do any of you own such a bag or can anyone help ?
Thanks

Nov 15, 2011 at 08:14 AM
ecidi
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

manubo wrote:
I saw that bag ,looks absolutely cool and was about to order it ,but I don't seem to find enough reviews on it . One of the few reviews I did manage to read said it was a problem to fit pro cameras (D1 and alikes) or semi-pro cameras with grips attached (40D ,7D and alike).On the other hand I saw another forum where one of the threads asked the same and the reply to that question was that it did fit .Do any of you own such a bag or can anyone help ?
Thanks

Oh yes. There are many reviews of it, Google is your friend:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Reviews+of+Dakine+Sequence+33L+photo+bag&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=vid&tbo=u&ei=j4LCTtfDDqXd0QHQpb32Dg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=2&ved=0CCYQqwQwAQ

Nov 15, 2011 at 03:23 PM
plubbry
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

I have the dakine sequence. I got it a couple of years ago so I don't know if it has changed since then. It has a removable 'photo block' inside. I use it with a Nikon D300 without a vertical grip (comparable in size to a 7D I believe). I don't know how well it will fit a full size body or a large body (5DII or D700) with a grip.

I did take a quick measurement of the photoblock insert. It measures just shy of 5 inches (~125mm) thick. There is some wiggle room and I am sure you'd be able to use it with a body that is pushing 5.5inches (~140mm). Hope this helps.

Nov 15, 2011 at 03:46 PM
manubo

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

Bummer ! Just measured my 7D with grip ,measures 160 mm with the grip attached ,do you think it will fit ?
As for google , these are the results I found as well ,mainly reviews made by sellers and none mention anything about fitting.

Nov 15, 2011 at 05:10 PM
hondageek
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

That bag is incredible. It easily holds pro bodies. I carry 3 Canon 1 Series in mine. I got it on Backcountry.com for $114

Nov 16, 2011 at 02:52 PM
Chris Anthony
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

I have a sequence, Love the bag. it holds my gripped 7D and 20D

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:44 AM
manubo

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

That's great to hear !!!
The child in me couldn't bare the extra wait to find out more about the bag ,so I told myself I'd take the risk and I ordered the bag and it's on it's way to me .
Now ,thanks to you guys I ,on the one side feel re-assured I did trhe right thing and on the other side , the immature child that I am cannot wait to get the bag already .

Nov 17, 2011 at 07:57 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

manubo

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

Finally received the bag ,fitted everything in it.
- bags looks great and feels comfortable on the back
- my 7D with grip attached inedeed fits but very tightly ,when closing the lid ,you do feel it bulge slightly
- a 15"" laptop does fit in the dedicated sleeve ,but like all the other photo bags with laptop compartment ,I find that once all your photo equipment is tucked in ,there is not much room left for power supply ,external hard drive and so on...
Basically ,and again ,I guess that rules for almost all the photo bags around ,if I want to travel with a laptop ,power supply ,external hard drive ,Ipad + cables ,pouch for passport + airline tickets ,pouch for my spectacles ,and photo equipment ,I do have to leave 2-3 lenses behind to make room for all non photo related stuff

So far I am happy with the purchase but I still wonder if the perfect bag that would answer all my needs is out there

Nov 21, 2011 at 07:18 AM
Chris Anthony
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

Perfect bag.... no such thing!

Nov 23, 2011 at 04:49 AM
ontime
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

Ahh, the elusive "perfect bag"

Nov 23, 2011 at 06:09 PM
Todd Warnke
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

At best there is a "perfect bag" for a single, sharply defined use. The myth of a general purpose "perfect bag", is just that, a myth. At least that's what I tell my wife when she peers into the basement and sees the collection of Think Tank, LowePro and F-Stop lurking down there.

Peace,

Todd

Nov 23, 2011 at 06:32 PM
manubo

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

Funny ! That's exactly what I told my wife when she asked why the hell I needed yet another photo bag : " this one is the perfect bag " I told her ,thinking to myself " almost but not just yet perfect" .

Nov 24, 2011 at 09:55 AM
manubo

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Dakine Sequence 33L photo bag

just got back from a week's ski holiday...besides a full week of sun,snow and perfect conditions on near empty slopes ,I skied with the bag and you know what ? I'm glad I purchased the bag !!!
First of all ,I changed the internal padding around inside the camera compartment so that the lens faces upand the camera lies at the bottom of the bag ,now the bulge from the body + grip attached doesn't bother me anymore when the bag is on my back .
The amount of stuff I packed for the flight was impressive : 7D + grip ,70-200L ,24-105L ,580EX flash ,15" laptop ,Ipad ,Ipod ,over ear headphones ,external harddrive ,phone charger ,Ipad charger,laptop's power supply ,passport and flight ticket wallet ,hard case for my glasses .Granted ,the bag was heavy to carry around the airport ,but when I left only the photo equipment inside to go on the slopes ,I barely felt the bag.
On the practical side : access to the gear compartment is very easy : you tell your friends to wait ,ski down 200-300 meters ,throw (gently of course) the bag on the slope ,straps facing up ,zip open ,pull out the camera ,wave to your friends to start skiing ,start shooting ,put back your gear in the bag ,zip closed ,put the bag on your back ,your back stays dry and off you go skiing.
I even had staps to attach my ski sticks so I could use my hands to shoot while skiing .
Besides looking cool (both the bag and myself ) ,so far that bag is the first one to get much closer to suit my needs ,even for day-to-day use ,taking into account I can always remove the photo compartment and use the bag as a regular backpack.
A keeper

Jan 04, 2012 at 01:14 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password