Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · No Moonrise Over Hernandez...

cameron12x
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · No Moonrise Over Hernandez...

dmacmillan wrote:
Think about what you're trying to say, then reshoot.

I understand the building being in the original photo, I think since then your intent has evolved. Now that you have refined your idea, I think you can convey it more strongly with a photo from a different angle. I agree with walking around your subject. I continue to do that even now.

From what I'm seeing, I'd explore shooting from behind the crosses towards the intersection. I would try two approaches. I'd shoot low with a wide angle lens with traffic in the background. I'd also shoot with a long lens
...Show more

Thanks for the images and "image caption," RustyBug! And thanks for the excellent suggestions here Doug!

I could probably spend several hours shooting this location from various vantage points in order to encompass and represent several possible themes which could be presented here.

I think that I'll bring a couple of telephoto lenses and a couple of wide-angle lenses the next time. (I was using my 70-200mm f/4L for the current batch).

The biggest problem might be finding a place to park... there really isn't much of an area to pull off the road. That's why I shot out my car window (and sometimes through it) to even get the images that I did.

Without knowing everyone by name, thanks to EVERYONE who is contributing to this mini-project! Much appreciated!

I'll post again after I've had an opportunity to image again. It may be in a couple of days, or it might not be until sometime next week...

Nov 17, 2011 at 04:00 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · No Moonrise Over Hernandez...

Looking forward to seeing them, and be safe!

Bob

cameron12x wrote:
Thanks for the images and "image caption," RustyBug! And thanks for the excellent suggestions here Doug!

I could probably spend several hours shooting this location from various vantage points in order to encompass and represent several possible themes which could be presented here.

I think that I'll bring a couple of telephoto lenses and a couple of wide-angle lenses the next time. (I was using my 70-200mm f/4L for the current batch).

The biggest problem might be finding a place to park... there really isn't much of an area to pull off the road. That's why I shot out my car window (and
...Show more

Nov 17, 2011 at 03:23 PM
       end

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password