Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

jhobgood
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

as a whole... cause i looked at 77 pictures in less than a minute. Over processed. some had bad technical mistakes and some were good. had you just posted the good ones whole set would be better.

Nov 12, 2011 at 03:38 AM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

I can't view any of the images because imageshack is blocked at work, but I will comment on the quantity... if you're presenting your clients with this many pictures, you're presenting them with to many.. Only give your clients the best of the best... typically I'll present my clients with 15-20 images, on the rare special occasion, they'll get 30.

Nov 12, 2011 at 04:47 AM
sachman
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

Some feedback I can give you as I flick through the images..consistency in processing or lack thereof..It seems to me you've gone with various flavours of b&w, cross processing, vintage..Pick one b&w, one maybe two colour styles and go with it for all the shots

Nov 12, 2011 at 07:52 AM
khwaja
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

43,62,70 are great

try with 24-70, 70-200 a bit far away?

timing is off and they look forced

how fast do you interact with your subjects...
take a look at www.theicesociety.com] jerry ghionis[/url], the level of his interaction and the flow...

please, pretty please use fill light, if you have used fill, move to using speedlites for fill... the overexposed areas are completely wiped out in your shots. i recommend you shoot at -1/2 ev

Nov 12, 2011 at 09:33 AM
Langran
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

There's enough good images in there that you can pull a really nice set out. Some are pretty poor that have been posted, not something I would present to a client as much and I would echo other's statements that the processing is all over the place. Some of it is good, some of it looks overcooked and there's no unity in the set as a result

Nov 12, 2011 at 03:46 PM

duronboy
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

I think someone asked if I did these for free. Definitely not. I don't do free shoots, even for friends(which these folks were).

The mother asked at the end of the shoot that she wanted to see ALL of the images, to which I responded that I would show her any remotely acceptable ones. Of these she chose only 16 for prints. I was really surprised at the small number, and also at the choices. I know there are some here that pointed out some OOF shots. One of those OOF shots were chosen, and some of the ones that showcased the poor warddrobe choices. On one hand I can say, "Clients sometimes have poor taste." On the other hand, who am I to judge? I hear an argument to that is that "one should only show their best." I think that's what I'm going to go with, from now on, at the risk of not including an image that a client with potentially poor taste would choose.

I definitely got what I needed to hear from this. Thanks to all.

What I need to work on:

1. Cut the obviously bad ones, 15 - 30 images IS an acceptable amount to show a client

2. Less processing, more consistency in processing

3. plan more, so there's less bad images

Nov 12, 2011 at 09:23 PM
duronboy
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

I would also add that these were all available light. I have 5 580EX IIs, lightstands, umbrellas, all that jazz. But if it's windy, who's gunna hold all that? On a shoot that I'm making $125 on, how can I take out $50 to pay someone and still make enough money to make it worth it?

Nov 12, 2011 at 09:30 PM
khwaja
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

i saw your myspace page, great stuff
for 125$ the shoot seems pretty awesome.

Nov 13, 2011 at 01:34 PM
rhyder
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

This is a perfect example of spray shooting.............

Nov 13, 2011 at 01:42 PM
cannpope
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Toddler shoot (77 images)

#14 is really the only one that I like. The editing on these don't carry a common look. When doing a session, the photos should all be clean edited the same way using the same treatments. It's ok to throw a few B&Ws in here and there, but all of these are way off. Looks like there are framing and focusing issues too. Instead of shooting away and getting only a couple of good shots, try taking your time to expose properly, focus properly, and frame properly and you will get way more keepers. Keep shooting...it's the only way to learn. And don't quit...especially if photography is something you love!!

Nov 01, 2012 at 06:56 PM
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password