New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              5       6       end

Archive 2011 · New Buy & Sell format!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Buy & Sell format!

Hi everyone,
I am happy to announce a new system I am implementing for the Buy & Sell boards.

NOTE: This new system will only work for "New Posts". Threads posted before this change will work the same way as before.

The next time you post, you will notice a new form to use when posting or editing your thread. My hope is that this form will assist with consistency and retrieval of information. It will add clarity by providing input options for: Item name, description, price, Method of payment, condition, shipping instructions, etc. See below how the "New Post" looks:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/Buzz/newtopic.gif

With this new system, you will also see three easily identifiable icons in front of the subject on the "viewboard". (Right now, most of the icons are grayed out because the system just went live.) These icons will display for 24 hours to highlight features for "new listing","price reduced", and "listing updated".

https://www.fredmiranda.com/Buzz/viewboard-icons.gif

https://www.fredmiranda.com/Buzz/viewtopic-post.gif

No action is required by you to make the icon appear since we have automated this through our code. For example, if you reduce the price of your item on the listing post, a "reduced" icon will automatically appear on viewboard for 24 hours.

This new system will help members quickly scan the board to see the most recent status of all listings. On viewboard, in addition to the icons, sold items will have the subject line grayed out, pending items will be shown in italic, and withdrawn topics will have a strike through the subject line.

Also, to improve security, I have removed the default "email button" from all posts. It will not appear unless you edit your profile and choose to show it.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/Buzz/allowemail.gif

Only Upload and Sell members have access to see the email button once you display it. This change was made to prevent unsolicited offers and spam from being emailed to members.

Below are some examples to help illustrate how the new system works.

All the best,
Fred

Edited on Nov 07, 2011 at 01:46 AM

Nov 01, 2011 at 02:56 PM
beeber00
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Buy & Sell format!

HI IGEEK.

Well, this system should make things MUCH easier.. less pm's to people like "I only accept paypal" or "item is in good condition". Good thinking, Fred! You must have spent some time planning and thinking about what the B/S board needs. What a considerate thing to do for your people.

I think we should have a Fred Miranda party in Orange County. That way everyone can meet you and we will pray to the FM mecca.

Or we could just all go to Chick Fil A.

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:01 PM
msoomro
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Buy & Sell format!

This looks GREAT. Love the consistency it will provide.

Quick question. In payment option, is there provision to allow multiple payment options.

thanks
msoomro

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:06 PM
mrpalaviccini
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Buy & Sell format!

Wow, this is awesome! I'm new here, but really love the changes.

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:06 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Buy & Sell format!

Fantastic! Thanks Fred. This looks great.

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:09 PM
huddy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Buy & Sell format!

I really like the changes Fred. This will make the functionality of the B&S boards even better.

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:10 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Buy & Sell format!

Fred, thank you for improving the functionality, user friendliness and security of the B&S board . Just out of curiosity, after the item has been sold, will there be an option to remove/delete the price entirely? I have seen this done too often by sellers as if they were embarassed to reveal how much they sold selected items for. I believe some kind of price point would be better left intact for some kind of future reference.

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:15 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Buy & Sell format!

msoomro wrote:
This looks GREAT. Love the consistency it will provide.

Quick question. In payment option, is there provision to allow multiple payment options.

thanks
msoomro

Yes, just change to "Custom" and add your own options.

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:16 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Buy & Sell format!

AGeoJO wrote:
Fred, thank you for improving the functionality, user friendliness and security of the B&S board . Just out of curiosity, after the item has been sold, will there be an option to remove/delete the price entirely? I have seen this done too often by sellers as if they were embarassed to reveal how much they sold selected items for. I believe some kind of price point would be better left intact for some kind of future reference.

This was not done but we could have something like. "Original price" always there without the possibility of deleting it...

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:18 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Buy & Sell format!

Fred Miranda wrote:
This was not done but we could have something like. "Original price" always there without the possibility of deleting it...

Maybe it is worth considering, Fred. I noticed in the old format, you can see the previous version or versions but if changed several times, the original asking price somehow got deleted from there. It is your call, of course.

Joshua

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:22 PM
Benchernif
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Buy & Sell format!

Also, might be nice to have record of price even after something is sold. I like to check the "market" price of items periodically, and I like seeing how much people sell them for on the forums. But people ALWAYS delete the prices once they're sold.

The new look is great. Thanks for the changes, Fred!

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:23 PM
registered99
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New Buy & Sell format!

Maybe have hover alt text for what the icons are? Not really sure what they mean

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:27 PM
jersey devil
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New Buy & Sell format!

Looks great Fred, and I'll take that 400mm off your hands for the posted price. Just send me a PM with your paypal info

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:30 PM
Ronny Mills
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New Buy & Sell format!

Benchernif wrote:
Also, might be nice to have record of price even after something is sold. I like to check the "market" price of items periodically, and I like seeing how much people sell them for on the forums. But people ALWAYS delete the prices once they're sold.

The new look is great. Thanks for the changes, Fred!

Remember, this is ONLY the asking/listing price. Negotiated/final price can be lower.

GREAT JOB FRED!!!

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:36 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New Buy & Sell format!

registered99 wrote:
Maybe have hover alt text for what the icons are? Not really sure what they mean

If you mouse over, you should see a description for the icons. On top of that, we have a icons "legend" on the top and bottom of the board explaining what they mean. Take a look.
Best,
Fred

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:37 PM
Robert Carr
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New Buy & Sell format!

nicely done...

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:38 PM
Ronny Mills
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New Buy & Sell format!

Fred,

WTB is forcing a price. Must I state what I am willing to pay? or is it okay to have the seller determine price?

I just entered $0 this time.

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:48 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New Buy & Sell format!

Ronny Mills wrote:
Fred,

WTB is forcing a price. Must I state what I am willing to pay? or is it okay to have the seller determine price?

I just entered $0 this time.

Maybe we should not force a price for WTB threads.

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:50 PM
deadwolfbones
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New Buy & Sell format!

Agreed.

Nice changes otherwise. Makes this forum much like the b/s/t forum @ Pentaxforums, where I started.

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:52 PM
Ronny Mills
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New Buy & Sell format!

Fred Miranda wrote:
Maybe we should not force a price for WTB threads.

Agreed

Nov 01, 2011 at 03:53 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.