Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              27      
28
       29       30       end
  

Archive 2011 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread
  
 
twelveish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #1 · p.28 #1 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


Went for a brief (very cold) walk last week with my a77 and CZ1680. As I bought my a77 with the 2.8/16-50 I've been thinking of letting go of the CZ zoom. Don't care much about the extra reach from it but I can't help feel that it gives me a little something extra in the IQ department specifically for nature/landscape.




















Jan 30, 2013 at 04:01 PM
xbarcelo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #2 · p.28 #2 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


I would sell it, seeing your pics. They're outstanding!


Jan 30, 2013 at 04:09 PM
twelveish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #3 · p.28 #3 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


Thanks xbarcelo, although I'm sensing a contradiction, seeing as the lens I'm thinking of selling is the one I used for these pics

One more, and whaddayaknow, it's still freezing here. A77 and the Minolta 2.8/100 macro.







Feb 03, 2013 at 03:05 AM
xbarcelo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #4 · p.28 #4 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


It is contradictory because obviously I didn't intend to write it like that. I want it to write "I wouldn't sell it". I was on the ipad at time and, if you're not careful, things like that happen. Sorry for the misunderstanding.


Feb 03, 2013 at 08:33 AM
Roni1948
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #5 · p.28 #5 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


twelveish wrote:
Went for a brief (very cold) walk last week with my a77 and CZ1680. As I bought my a77 with the 2.8/16-50 I've been thinking of letting go of the CZ zoom. Don't care much about the extra reach from it but I can't help feel that it gives me a little something extra in the IQ department specifically for nature/landscape.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8503/8418972704_3e45fbba04_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8223/8417879021_b31b32d59d_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8081/8418973782_cd513e0989_b.jpg


#2 is incredible! I have an older a100 and 16-80, but I didn't realize the lens was capable of such detail.

I still think it's one of the best zooms out there, but I'm slowly thinking to moving back to primes for the added DOF.



Feb 22, 2013 at 05:32 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #6 · p.28 #6 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


Beautiful stuff!


Feb 22, 2013 at 06:49 PM
twelveish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #7 · p.28 #7 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


Thanks, I'm glad you like them. Yes, the CZ 16-80 often gets a bad rap for build quality, but in IQ it's certainly one of the best zooms I've used. Other than the DOF control it's almost like having prime IQ territory in a zoom lens. Then again, I mostly use primes, so what do I know. I had to pull back the highlights quite a bit in #2 but I agree it did retain the details well. Yeah my lens isn't going anywhere. I guess I'll keep both zooms after all. A constant 2.8 definitely also has it's place and uses.


Feb 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Roni1948
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #8 · p.28 #8 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


Trying to post my first photo here. Took it with A100 and CZ 1680.



Feb 27, 2013 at 06:43 AM
Mescalamba
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #9 · p.28 #9 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


twelveish wrote:
Thanks, I'm glad you like them. Yes, the CZ 16-80 often gets a bad rap for build quality, but in IQ it's certainly one of the best zooms I've used. Other than the DOF control it's almost like having prime IQ territory in a zoom lens. Then again, I mostly use primes, so what do I know. I had to pull back the highlights quite a bit in #2 but I agree it did retain the details well. Yeah my lens isn't going anywhere. I guess I'll keep both zooms after all. A constant 2.8 definitely also has it's place
...Show more

CZ 16-80 isnt good at wide-open but stopped down its really nice lens. Best probably around f8-11. I would consider it as variable lenght landscape lens. But for that its actually really good..



Feb 27, 2013 at 05:37 PM
philip_pj
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #10 · p.28 #10 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


The partner uses an a77 and has the 16-80 glued onto it, with aperture stuck at f8, except for rare shifts to f11 or wide open for dark interiors.

It's a high impact lens, very colourful and bright, no bokeh monster but lots of detail retention and still capable of subtlety. A lot of serious shooters kept it after the 16-50 was released, despite the 1-2 stops speed diff. Another lens that benefits from the giant strides made by Adobe lately.

The mirror loss is not too much of a hit, Sony are refining the SLT idea, this is of course the NEX7 sensor. I'd say the 16-80 is a good match also for the next gen 24Mp APS-C Sony sensor, due out soon. If they get the noise ceiling up another stop (likely) this will be a fine upgrade, to offset slow lens speed.

SS works very well with the combo also, of a77/16-80, even at the long end. Very nice photos.



Feb 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



ebookman
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.28 #11 · p.28 #11 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


twelveish - love the cold scenes

These shots were taken in Arizona and southern California near the Arizona and Mexican borders.





Alpha 77 with Sony 16-50, 35mm f/11







Alpha 77 with Sony 16-50, 16mm f/9







Alpha 77 with Sigma 8-16, 10mm f/5.6







Alpha 77 with Sigma 8-16, 10mm f/5.6







Alpha 77 with Contax Zeiss 35-70, 50mm f/8



Edited on Mar 01, 2013 at 09:38 PM · View previous versions



Mar 01, 2013 at 05:25 AM
Roni1948
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #12 · p.28 #12 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


ebookman wrote:
twelveish - love the cold scenes

These shots were taken in southern California near the Arizona and Mexican borders.


Looks incredible! How do you even get there? Is it a national park or a trail, or just a few steps away from the highway?



Mar 01, 2013 at 03:17 PM
Mescalamba
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #13 · p.28 #13 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


Those taken with Sigma are pretty "wow". Slight "Leica" tint in them.. Quite interesting. I guess near MFD focus?


Mar 01, 2013 at 03:21 PM
ebookman
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.28 #14 · p.28 #14 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


Thanks for the comments.

The Sigma 8-16 lens is a little bit like a high speed car. It needs careful control. You can get both wonderful and terrible perspective shots.In all cases however, it gives you a lot of freedom because the DOF is impressive at any aperture. I find myself often "tweeking" perspective in LR for this lens. While not the sharpest lens in the world, it is wonderfully versatile and takes shots that would be hard to get any other way.

The pictures are taken on public BLM land. (Bureau of Land Mangement) There are two locations represented in the photos which are about sixty miles apart. The first two shots were actually taken on the Arizona side of the Colorado River. You could hike into these areas but the best way is below:






This is the photographers best friend.




Mar 01, 2013 at 04:10 PM
philip_pj
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #15 · p.28 #15 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


a few:

















Mar 03, 2013 at 06:36 AM
paulesko
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #16 · p.28 #16 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


Some pics I took past week at Málaga, south of Spain. All of them taken with sony a850 and Samyang 35 1.4 @1.4. OOC jpegs


DSC08941 by Pablo Ausucua, on Flickr


DSC08926 by Pablo Ausucua, on Flickr


DSC08899 by Pablo Ausucua, on Flickr


DSC08827 by Pablo Ausucua, on Flickr


DSC08718 by Pablo Ausucua, on Flickr



Mar 03, 2013 at 03:28 PM
xbarcelo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #17 · p.28 #17 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


Great shots, Pablo! Very nice, ebookman and Philip!
Here are a couple with the Sony A900 and the Tamron 200-500















Mar 03, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Roni1948
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #18 · p.28 #18 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


ebookman wrote:
Thanks for the comments.

The Sigma 8-16 lens is a little bit like a high speed car. It needs careful control. You can get both wonderful and terrible perspective shots.In all cases however, it gives you a lot of freedom because the DOF is impressive at any aperture. I find myself often "tweeking" perspective in LR for this lens. While not the sharpest lens in the world, it is wonderfully versatile and takes shots that would be hard to get any other way.

The pictures are taken on public BLM land. (Bureau of Land Mangement) There are two locations represented in
...Show more


Cool thanks! One sweet ride!



Mar 04, 2013 at 04:23 PM
philip_pj
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.28 #19 · p.28 #19 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


Panjim at xmas, night time celebrations, ISO 3200-5000:

















Mar 07, 2013 at 05:42 AM
Jonas B
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.28 #20 · p.28 #20 · Sony/Minolta A Mount Picture Thread


philip_pj wrote:
Panjim at xmas, night time celebrations, ISO 3200-5000:


Hmm, I'm interested in what camera and lens the middle image was taken with. I'm asking since I'm not used to that flare with the small dots in it. I have seen it in test situations only earlier.



Mar 07, 2013 at 08:27 PM
1       2       3              27      
28
       29       30       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              27      
28
       29       30       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password