fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of ct1co2's message #17118993 « Finally tried sport photography »

  

ct1co2
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Finally tried sport photography


That 3rd image appears to me that he is looking the ball into his hands to make the catch. If he is having fun and enjoying it, don’t worry about the rest.
Agree with others that getting lower will improve the look, making images feel more like you are in the action. I shoot high school cross country and swimming, usually sitting or on one knee. Don’t over rely on the eye focus, as you may find it will not grab your intended target with multiple people in the frame. I’d also recommend not shooting too tight though so you have some room in post to straighten out horizons. I keep the level on with my R6 as without it, my horizon deficiency syndrome becomes apparent.



Oct 06, 2026 at 07:48 AM
ct1co2
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Finally tried sport photography


That 3rd image appears to me that he is looking the ball into his hands to make the catch. If he is having fun and enjoying it, don’t worry about the rest.
Agree with others that getting lower will improve the look, making it feel more like you are in the action. I shoot high school cross country and swimming, usually sitting or on one knee. Don’t over rely on the eye focus, as you may find it will not grab your intended target with multiple people in the frame. I’d also recommend not shooting too tight though so you have some room in post to straighten out horizons. I keep the level on with my R6 as without it, my horizon deficiency syndrome becomes apparent.



Oct 06, 2026 at 07:47 AM





  Previous versions of ct1co2's message #17118993 « Finally tried sport photography »