fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of Pixelpuffin's message #17118964 « Finally tried sport photography »

  

Pixelpuffin
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Finally tried sport photography




campy wrote:
I will try getting lower next game and never thought about using crop mode. I also have the RF 100-400 but thought it would be too slow. Next time I will try crop mode and the 100-400 if it's sunny.


If I’m right in thinking the pitch will be smaller at that age?? In which case I’d stick with the 70-200/2.8 and shoot wide open, the crop mode will give you the reach of 320mm, that’s ample for the smaller pitch.
I’m still using canon 5diii, old I know, but it still delivers. I used to always opt for centre spot AF, but after 2yrs absence my muscle memory is not back up yet, sk last match I activated the AF points surrounding the centre spot AF… worked great. Fired off 1300 and only 16 were misfocused which I think is good going for such an old camera. Your R5 will have eye tracking, is that what you are using??



Oct 06, 2026 at 06:20 AM





  Previous versions of Pixelpuffin's message #17118964 « Finally tried sport photography »