fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of ByChrisJones's message #17115866 « The Steve McCurry Look »

  

ByChrisJones
Online
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: The Steve McCurry Look


LBJ2 wrote:
ByChrisJones wrote:
LBJ2 wrote:
ByChrisJones wrote:
If I made the type of money that allowed me to spend $1000 the way I spend $100 I probably would grab one of the phone handles tbh. When I'm forced to use my phone for photography because I can't bring a camera or I'm editing a jpg from my camera I do use the leica lux app. In the mean time I'll grab one of those telesin grips lol


I've experimented plenty of times with the Leica Lux app. For me it's interesting how much the app has evolved since first released. Just out of curiosity what are the Leica Lux app features that motivate you to use it instead of the standard camera service on your smartphone?

FWIW, I think Leica still offers a free lifetime subscription to the Lux app if you purchase their Leica LUX Grip bundle. Not sure if that deal is still on, but might be worth checking out.

Edit: Opps, looks like that offer may have ended already.


I like the ability to quickly change my file format between raw/jpg, the exposure comp is quicker/more intuitive. I do like the Leica looks and how quickly you can switch them, plus the ability to simulate various Leica lens and aperture values. I have an iphone so the default camera app for me is much slower as you have to get into the menus to change things like filter/image format.


I've had a lot of fun experimenting with the app on my iPhone. To include photographing dancing performers with the app's APO Telyt 135mm wide open. Living on the edge .


The combo of everything together is what really gets me, for quick snap shots I use the free version (only allows for 28 lux and aperture priority) but for times where I want to go crazy but can't bring a camera (typically just for concerts) I'll pay the 7 bucks for a month subscription. Though I went to a bruno mars concert this past sunday and had no signal so it gives you 36 images with full access then switched to free only so I basically shot a roll of film between the 35




Sep 30, 2026 at 12:45 PM





  Previous versions of ByChrisJones's message #17115866 « The Steve McCurry Look »