Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of mdude85's message #16522012 « Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available! »

mdude85
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

BPsmith511 wrote:
mdude85 wrote:
@ Fred

I don't think it's a large enough company to be able to scale up capacity that much, but I would be frustrated as well (I already have a 100V, so no need for this new model).

I think this is an issue more than people give it credit for. To switch production facilities and double capacity for a line is some serious outlay and Fujifilm might not have the available free cash flow to go any further without jeopardizing the business - if they have 4mil on hand (made up number) it isn't a bright idea to spend 3.9m on ramping up a single product line.

They may have only been able to afford to 2x production even while knowing they could have sold 4x if needed.

Yes, that is just speculation as I don't work in this field. Investing in a highly complex item like this is not easy.

I can only speak from the consumer side of things. I'm not so much annoyed by the long waiting list as I am about the marketing of the "limited edition" X100VI, which just seems a bit tacky. But then again it serves as a reminder that Fuji is just a corporation looking to maximize profit and shareholder value.

I think some people might be a little more patient with Leica because it's a much smaller company, many of their items are made by hand, and it's more of a luxury good. The X100VI was splashed all over the front page of Moment, BH, Adorama, etc, as if it were just another run-of-the-mill drone or updated Sony body, giving the impression that it wouldn't take months to ship.

Apr 12, 2024 at 08:52 AM

Previous versions of mdude85's message #16522012 « Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.