Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of VailJohnson's message #16346554 « In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera »

VailJohnson
[X]
Re: Pre-order: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera

No thumb stick and a video flip out screen kill this camera. Those are not things you put in a camera for photographers.

Tracking your finger on the lcd to focus isnít great. I had that years ago on the LUMIX G7. Your face is already in the middle of the camera and having your thumb under your face trying to focus isnít comfortable.

They had to release us with a thumb stick, if they canít figure a photography tilting lcd then a fixed lcd is better than a video lcd. I guess not such a big deal since you can just flip it that way and leave it, but if youíre going to make it articulate then do it for photography and not video. Like the lcd on the XT5.

The other thing. Lenses. Unfortunately a retro looking body isnít enough. Bodies need lenses. Donít have it. Theyíre lenses for their modern mirrorless cameras and they donít fit with the look of this camera. Older lenses need an adapter and that just makes it unnecessarily bigger than it needs to be.

So, again Fuji is the retro king. Better go for an XT5. They already have a lineup of awesome small super fast f2 AF lenses.

Sep 20, 2023 at 10:57 AM
VailJohnson
[X]

No thumb stick and a video flip out screen kill this camera. Those are not things you put in a camera for photographers.

Tracking your finger on the lcd to focus isnít great. I had that years ago on the LUMIX G7. Your face is already in the middle of the camera and having your thumb under your face trying to focus isnít comfortable.

They had to release us with a thumb stick, if they canít figure a photography tilting lcd then a fixed lcd is better than a video lcd. I guess not such a big deal since you can just flip it that way and leave it, but if youíre going to make it articulate then do it for photography and not video. Like the lcd on the XT5.

The other thing. Lenses. Unfortunately a retro looking body isnít enough. Bodies need lenses. Donít have it. Theyíre lenses for their modern mirrorless cameras and they donít fit with the look of this camera. Older lenses need an adapter and that just makes it unnecessarily bigger than it needs to be.

So, again Fuji is the retro king. Better go for an XT5. They already have a lineup of awesome small super fast f2 AF lenses.

Sep 20, 2023 at 10:54 AM
VailJohnson
[X]

I want a 35. So Iím supposed to put this on my retro Nikon

Sep 20, 2023 at 10:42 AM

Previous versions of VailJohnson's message #16346554 « In Stock: Nikon Zf Mirrorless Camera »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.