Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of bs kite's message #16259092 « Official Nikon DSLR images, videos and discussion thread »

bs kite
Upload & Sell: On
Nikon DSLR images and videos thread

I have several more loon images to post after these.

First, May is a busy month for Common Loons. They are highly territorial. On this first pond of my boyhood just one nesting pair is tolerated. And this pond is about 2 miles long and 1/4 mile wide. So the nesting pair claims a large area and will defend it.... if they can. During May they thrash out who will be the nesting pair.

Mating is about to happen and this nesting adult is preparing the nest.

Jun 01, 2023 at 12:55 PM
bs kite

First, May is a busy month for Common Loons. They are highly territorial. On this first pond of my boyhood just one nesting pair is tolerated. And this pond is about 2 miles long and 1/4 mile wide. So the nesting pair claims a large area and will defend it.... if they can. During May they thrash out who will be the nesting pair.

Jun 01, 2023 at 12:53 PM
bs kite

Jun 01, 2023 at 12:52 PM
bs kite

May 31, 2023 at 05:44 PM

Previous versions of bs kite's message #16259092 « Official Nikon DSLR images, videos and discussion thread »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.