Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RoamingScott's message #16098520 « X-H2 (and therefore X-T5) Serious Autofocus Issues with Face/Eye Tracking »

RoamingScott
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: X-H2 (and therefore X-T5) Serious Autofocus Issues with Face/Eye Tracking

bobby350z wrote:
I think they said it nicely. It is not that Fuji is bad but the other major players, Canon, Sony and Nikon are just well ahead and it doesn't change with the latest Fuji release. I am not sure why this is the case. My suspicion is that internal hardware is not the top notch affecting software performance improvements. I have nothing to back this and could be totally wrong.

There's certainly nothing hardware wise that should hold back the XHS2, so my gut feeling is that Fuji is just not great on the software/algorithm side. It's certainly not their bread and butter like it is Sony's. That the XHS2 (stacked low res) and XH2 (non stacked higher res) are seemingly close in AF performance should tell you that the S2 is the body that isn't fully optimized, and the only explanation to me is the software layer.

Nov 19, 2022 at 08:31 PM

Previous versions of RoamingScott's message #16098520 « X-H2 (and therefore X-T5) Serious Autofocus Issues with Face/Eye Tracking »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.