Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of timgangloff's message #16077200 « Official: Sony A7R V announced (pre-orders now available) »

timgangloff
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Sony A7R V announced (pre-order tomorrow)

I think what everyone here is missing is that it as significant video upgrades and while maybe not has intriguing for most in this photo centric forum, I think a lot of hybrid shooters will want this camera for these significant upgrades.

And also missing in this discussion and mediocre response from some here is that a very significant segment of Sony users are hybrid shooters. Last few weeks in the media room at University of Tennessee football stadium I saw a significant number of Sony shooters, probably nearly equal to the number of Canon or Nikon shooters. And many of these shooters also record video. Or only record video. This increase in the number of Sony shooters is pretty remarkable to me.

For most here, yeah, if you are not into video and your 7r4 is working, maybe not a huge urgency to upgrade. But, if you shoot some or a lot of video, love the faster card slots and the articulating screen, then it will be a no brainer purchase, especially if you also want the pixel increase over the a7IV.

And forget about a stills focused camera from Sony. That's not their market. Or maybe the photography market in general. If I was a stills only non-sports guy, I'd look at that Sony sensor in the Hasselblad x2d, which is a stills only camera.

Oct 26, 2022 at 12:16 PM
timgangloff
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Sony A7R V announced (pre-order tomorrow)

I think what everyone here is missing is that it has significant video upgrades and while maybe not has intriguing for most in this photo centric forum, I think a lot of hybrid shooters will want this camera for these significant upgrades.

And also missing in this discussion and mediocre response from some here is that a very significant segment of Sony users are hybrid shooters. Last few weeks in the media room at University of Tennessee football stadium I saw a significant number of Sony shooters, probably nearly equal to the number of Canon or Nikon shooters. And many of these shooters also record video. Or only record video. This increase in the number of Sony shooters is pretty remarkable to me.

For most here, yeah, if you are not into video and your 7r4 is working, maybe not a huge urgency to upgrade. But, if you shoot some or a lot of video, love the faster card slots and the articulating screen, then it will be a no brainer purchase, especially if you also want the pixel increase over the a7IV.

And forget about a stills focused camera from Sony. That's not their market. Or maybe the photography market in general. If I was a stills only non-sports guy, I'd look at that Sony sensor in the Hasselblad x2d, which is a stills only camera.

Oct 26, 2022 at 12:16 PM

Previous versions of timgangloff's message #16077200 « Official: Sony A7R V announced (pre-orders now available) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.