Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Hodie's message #16077131 « Official: Sony A7R V announced (pre-orders now available) »

Hodie
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Official: Sony A7R V announced (pre-order tomorrow)

j4nu wrote:
Hodie wrote:
Because itís not capable or because Sony isnít willing?

j4nu wrote:
Hodie wrote:
I want to know if the A1 will get a firmware update for the new AF functionsÖ

No.

Because A1 still didn't get animal eyeAF in video from A7IV (or other features for that matter)...
(Sorry, by now I'm a realist when it comes to current approach to updates shown by Sony)

Regarding RV, that lcd screen and IBIS look nice . I wonder what's the actual impact of the new (AI) AF in real use...

Right, evidence seems to point that Sony is all about providing updates via new bodies only, which is a shame. That said, I still am holding out hope that the A1 will get a significant firmware update before the AI mkii is announced. However, I don't truly believe that having these new AF features would actually have a substantive impact to getting the shot, but rather, make it a better shooting experience.

The A7R5 isn't enticing to me because of the limited 10 FPS. Seems pointless to have all these AF features without being able to get more FPS.

Oct 26, 2022 at 11:27 AM

Previous versions of Hodie's message #16077131 « Official: Sony A7R V announced (pre-orders now available) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.