Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Montmc86's message #16010283 « Lonely nights on the Palouse »

Montmc86
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Lonely nights on the Palouse

Hathaway wrote:
Nice set of MW shots. Are 2 and 3 composites or heavy crops? We’re you using a tracker for the 50 mm?
I haven’t seen the horse that large in comparison to the foreground. I do typically shoot my MW at 14mm so it is certainly going to be a lot smaller in comparison.

Thanks for the comment.

#2 is a single exposure and not a composite or is it overly cropped. The 8 second exposure (6 seconds would have been more accurate) is a little long and if you zoom in on the original image you can see the start of trails on the stars. This one was an experiment as I have a Sigma 40mm f/1.4 Art lens on the way and was just playing with the 24-70 lens... didn't expect this one to come out as good as it did.

#3 is also a single exposure and I believe I cropped the foreground and some of the left side of the image as I was trying to focus on the MW and old barn... I was on railroad tracks and couldn't get any closer than I was without upsetting a farmer

Aug 05, 2022 at 04:51 PM

Previous versions of Montmc86's message #16010283 « Lonely nights on the Palouse »