Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of wordfool's message #15969131 « Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II »

wordfool
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II

KarmaKramer wrote:
Perhaps. But when finances are an issue, Id like people to at least see the difference such an expense would make Oh these photos are way better!
Frankly,I dont think any of my clients would notice. How many of them print and critique their photos to spot the sharpness difference? After editing,even the rendering and bokeh would have to be pointed out. Of course,as always,it comes down to wanting or not wanting it. I know itll be fantastic, but wholl notice other than me.?

Yes, it's easy to get caught up in the sharpness critique thing, but TBH this is never really a lens I'd use for something like landscape where corner sharpness is arguably more important. To me it's an event/portrait/photojournalism/etc lens and if viewers notice "weak" corners or non-Otus rendering then clearly I'm not doing a very good enough choosing my subject or composition

I'm starting to do more work requiring a faster zoom so unfortunately I might need to buy a 24-70/2.8 (having sworn off the trinity zooms year ago) and for a few hundred more it would be silly not to get the latest and greatest (and lightest and smallest). Assuming, of course, it becomes readily available in the next few months. I rented a 1st gen Sony 24-70 a few weeks ago and it was fine, but heavy and the focus did seem to be twitchier in low light than I would have liked (on a A1). The Sigman has also caught my eye for its IQ, but I never fully trust Sigma AF and of course it also limits the A1 to 15 fps.

Jun 16, 2022 at 11:00 AM

Previous versions of wordfool's message #15969131 « Official: Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II »