Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of nehemiahphoto's message #15915879 « In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera »

nehemiahphoto
Upload & Sell: On
Re: In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera

I know itís very much a preference issue, and not everybody sees/values optical output the same way, but I have a pretty strong preference for Zeiss colors and microcontrast over about anything on the market. At their best, Zeissí more recent consumer lenses like the ZM 35/1.4, Loxia 85 or 21 or Batis 18 render with an acuity and richness that goes beyond sheer sharpness to my eyes.

Having shot many makers, the Batis 18 and Loxia 21 I thought rendered photos preferentially over the Sony G20 or Sigma 14-24 or Tamron 17-28, but I donít think a lot of people will pay a premium for that. Which I think itís why Zeiss has largely abandoned the field. That, and over the last 25 years, they just donít seem to integrate tech as well as a lot of the bigger makers. Seems like itís always an uphill battle for them.

Apr 12, 2022 at 02:56 PM

Previous versions of nehemiahphoto's message #15915879 « In-Stock: 37MP Zeiss ZX1 full frame camera »