Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Ross Martin's message #15877527 « A Dream Fulfilled - Fresh Snowfall at Zion »

Ross Martin
Upload & Sell: On
A Dream Fulfilled - Fresh Snowfall at Zion

Hey y’all! I'm really excited to share something with FM that just happened a few days ago.

From my first visit to Zion National Park two decades ago I immediately fell in love with this special place, and after multiple trips in autumn and spring I began dreaming of a day I could catch fresh snow on these spectacular canyons. I was here last winter but the weather did not cooperate.

This year I was photographing in Arizona when I got word of the big winter storm forecast, so I jammed up to Zion’s Watchman campground the day before the storm and anxiously waited it out, hoping for the best. Over a period of about 48 hours it began to snow, at times a near-blizzard as you can see in some of the photos, and the final day was mostly a glorious blue sky and sun lighting up the fresh winter wonderland which provided a different set of imaging opportunities compared to the overcast snowy day (I loved both!).

This is the fulfillment of a dream of mine! But now I want more :-) Perhaps next winter. I hope you enjoy these images that come from my heart of passion for Zion.

All the best,
Ross

Feb 28, 2022 at 06:25 PM
Ross Martin
Upload & Sell: On
A Dream Fulfilled - Fresh Snowfall at Zion

Hey y’all! I'm really excited to share something with FM that just happened a few days ago.

From my first visit to Zion National Park two decades ago I immediately fell in love with this special place, and after multiple trips in autumn and spring I began dreaming of a day I could catch fresh snow on these spectacular canyons. I was here last winter but the weather did not cooperate.

This year I was photographing in Arizona when I got word of the big winter storm forecast, so I jammed up to Zion’s Watchman campground the day before the storm and anxiously waited it out, hoping for the best. Over a period of about 48 hours it began to snow, at times a near-blizzard as you can see in some of the photos, and the final day was mostly a glorious blue sky and sun lighting up the fresh winter wonderland which provided a different set of imaging opportunities compared to the overcast snowy day (I loved both!).

This is the fulfillment of a dream of mine! But now I want more :-) Perhaps next winter. I hope you enjoy these images that come from my heart of passion for Zion.

All the best,
Ross

Feb 28, 2022 at 03:18 PM

Previous versions of Ross Martin's message #15877527 « A Dream Fulfilled - Fresh Snowfall at Zion »