Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of DivineFocus's message #15808796 « Polar Bear Mom and Cub Interaction »

DivineFocus
Upload & Sell: Off
Polar Bear Mom and Cub Interaction

During a visit to Kaktovik I had the opportunity to spend a couple of hours observing and photographing this mom and cub interact. From first shot to last in this series spans two and a quarter hours. It was late afternoon and there was a weather front moving through with low, fast moving broken clouds so the lighting changed continuously. Some of the clouds were heavy enough to provide the dark BG in a few of the images. WB was all over the place from clear blue above and low, late afternoon sun to heavy cloud and snow.

Shortly after the shoot I did the typical cherry picking which from this series was just the last one that is posted here. The rest lay in my files unprocessed until the past few days. It is amazing how much the color of the bears' fur changes with lighting/WB. Depending on conditions and processing the fur ranged from creamy white to golden blonde to nearly orange. In my processing my aim is always to reproduce the scene as I remember it. In the following I believe that was achieved.

Dec 26, 2021 at 04:32 PM

Previous versions of DivineFocus's message #15808796 « Polar Bear Mom and Cub Interaction »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.