Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of AndereObjektiv's message #15807284 « Voigtlander 50mm f/2 APO-Lanthar Review »

AndereObjektiv
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: FM Review: Voigtlander 50mm f/2 APO-Lanthar

rscheffler wrote:

Do you see any signs of sensor related image quality degradation at wider apertures on this sensor? It does look great at f/4.5!

I had not yet shot any images with this lens at any aperture other than f/4.5, so here are some wide open at f/2:

All shot in CR3 AdobeRGB colorspace raw, converted to 90% 2160 height sRGB jpeg in Capture One Pro 21 with no adjustments. ( Right click and open in new tab for direct full size image ) I'd say any image quality loss at edges follows the MTF curve of the lens quite well and can detect no microlens ray angle fringing on the Apo-Lanthar 50. As you can see there is purple/green fringing on the out of focus branches, but that is known in this lens and rather well controlled for the price.

The 90mm f/2 Summicron-M III was similarly flawless on the EOS M6 mk2 sensor. With the 24mm ASPH Elmar-M there is a slight loss of detail on the corners and fringing on the edges.

As Ripolini has said the EOS M6 mk2 is an excellent camera. I'm delighted with the color rendition, and the dynamic range approaches many full frame sensors. Coupled with the diminutive size and the unmatched spatial resolution the EOS M6 mk2 is simply one of my best cameras period.

Dec 24, 2021 at 03:03 PM

Previous versions of AndereObjektiv's message #15807284 « Voigtlander 50mm f/2 APO-Lanthar Review »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.