Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of nehemiahphoto's message #15510740 « Official: Leica APO-Summicron-SL 28mm F2 ASPH lens ($5,195) »

nehemiahphoto
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Official: Leica APO-Summicron-SL 28mm F2 ASPH lens ($5,195)

dog rocket wrote:
It's amazing how a brand gets slammed with anything they do. I had a Sony mirrorless with damn huge native glass (look at the GM series) and Sigma also has a boat anchor of a mirrorless lens (that I owned and sold to the tune of "she's too fat for me"). The Sony guys are lamenting how they have a gazillion 35mm choices but nobody brave enough to make a fabulous 28mm. Does anyone have any doubt this will be a fabulous 28mm?

To me, mirrorless has many other attributes going for it other than size and I dare say it's some of those other attributes that Leica is marketing to. M lenses work fabulous on the SL system, btw.
Thank goodness we have so many choices to b*tch about. lol

The GM series is not damn huge. The GM 85 1.4 is the only oversized one.

The GM 24,35 and 135 are small for their class.

This is not a fabulous 28 if you consider it's size, it's an f2 and it's over 5k. If you don't care about size or price (this is really very few shooters), you'll probably be happy.

To me, the m-mount system remains vastly more interesting and specific. If I want modern big fast corrected glass, other systems off something similar if not better for far cheaper than the SL system.

Feb 22, 2021 at 09:38 PM

Previous versions of nehemiahphoto's message #15510740 « Official: Leica APO-Summicron-SL 28mm F2 ASPH lens ($5,195) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.