Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of numbertwo's message #15338857 « My Samyang 85mm vs Sigma 85mm dg dn f1.4 comparison. »

numbertwo
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: My Samyang 85mm vs Sigma 85mm dg dn f1.4 comparison.

j4nu wrote:
numbertwo wrote:
So what do you think? Is the difference worth almost double the price?

Please wait for the distortion test
... but seriously I think Samyang is unbeatable when it comes to price/performance ratio in many offerings (e.g. 45mm f1.8) .
Whether someone is willing to pay more (e.g. 2x more) for improvements over an already very good peformance is always a personal choice...

Yes, the distortion alone is enough for me not to want the sigma, that kind of distortion in an 85... but many people donít care, and thatís what I donít understand that theyíre pixel peeping at 400% in the corners and donít care about distortion...

However I can tell differences like colors (that need tweaks in the Samyang), and less microcontrast in the Samyang wide open (good for portraits, not so much for other applications)...

Sep 06, 2020 at 09:03 AM

Previous versions of numbertwo's message #15338857 « My Samyang 85mm vs Sigma 85mm dg dn f1.4 comparison. »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.