Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of GroovyGeek's message #14826945 « Nikon 14-30/4 S image thread »

GroovyGeek
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Nikon 14-30/4 S image thread

Yeah, the vignetting looks as bad as anything I have seen from Nikon on a lens in this price range. That drop-off looks to be at least 1 stop, probably closer to two. I don't recall any of the early reviewers calling this out, was I not paying attention?

Hard to say much about corner smearing from the images posted so far. My lens is on the way, had such high hopes...

JohanEickmeyer wrote:
Lots of vignetting and corner smearing at f4. Goes to show even the large mount can't make up for not having a large, bulbous front element, which usually improves corner sharpness and brightness wide open. I am glad to see Nikon did not bake lens corrections permanently into the RAW files, though.

Apr 20, 2019 at 01:02 AM
GroovyGeek
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Nikon 14-30/4 S image thread

Yeah, the vignetting looks as bad as anything I have seen from Nikon on a lens in this price range. That drop-off looks to be at least 1 stop, probably closer to two. I don't recall any of the early reviewers calling this out, was I not paying attention?

Hard to say much about corner smearing from the images posted so far. My lens is on the way, had such high hopes...

JohanEickmeyer wrote:
Lots of vignetting and corner smearing at f4. Goes to show even the large mount can't make up for not having a large, bulbous front element, which usually improves corner sharpness and brightness wide open. I am glad to see Nikon did not bake lens corrections permanently into the RAW files, though.

Apr 20, 2019 at 01:00 AM

Previous versions of GroovyGeek's message #14826945 « Nikon 14-30/4 S image thread »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.