Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Stevvi's message #14650693 « Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Review »

Stevvi
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Rolling Review

As somebody that might be interested in buying the lens, I have difficulties to understand why you are keeping the lens? Yes you like the sharpness wide open (which everyone seems to support), but what is it really that lets you keep the lens in your portfolio, despite the weaknesses?

IsabellaR wrote:
Please read carfully: I said "in some ways". I have the 24mm GM and I had the Batis and I am right. The Batis had better colours and it is better against the sun and also with the sun coming from the edge of the picture / outside the frame.
A good comparison can you find here:
http://www.sonyuserforum.de/forum/showthread.php?t=188407

In addition, the rendering of the Batis is clearly superior.

I have to admit that I am not able to get the same result with PS / LR / anything else, but show me how to do this, you can use Fred's against the sun samples...

I find my 24mm GM to be really sharp at open apertures but not to be an overall winner. It has weaknesses with the sun, with the corners, with stopping down (essential for landscape photography), with colours,... And, sorry there is absolutely no 3D (my 3D is not making a picture with open aperture at closest possible distance) in the results.
I will keep mine, but I am not a fan boy, so I am able to see the weaknesses.

And why are you always so emotional. It is just a piece of glass and metal, so keep cool.

Nov 02, 2018 at 11:21 AM

Previous versions of Stevvi's message #14650693 « Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Review »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.