Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Matt Grum's message #14044763 « Star Eater Algorithm and getting in contact with Sony »

Matt Grum
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Star Eater Algorithm and getting in contact with Sony

thrice wrote:
I'll downgrade to 3.10, and if that does not resolve the issue perhaps downgrade to 2.00!

I have confirmation from reading a German sony forum with plenty of samples that this issue ocurred as far back as fw 3.00! Specifically spatial filtering at 4.0s

Skiess were clear(ish) last night so I had a chance to test out my A7RII which is still on FW2.0:

Unfortunately you can clearly see the spatial filtering kicking in at 4.0s (look in the top left corner).

So if you want to go down the downgrade route you will have to go pre 2.0 and also lose uncompressed RAW.

If I recall correctly, shortly after the A7RII was released there were reports that noise in long exposures was significantly higher than the A7R. Sony responded with a rather heavy handed update which included the spatial filtering, with the major error being the inability to disable this filtering.

May 21, 2017 at 05:47 AM

Previous versions of Matt Grum's message #14044763 « Star Eater Algorithm and getting in contact with Sony »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.