Found it fast enough for street shooting with kit lens PZ, something that I would have considered the holy grail of a camera this size about 3 years ago. Enjoyed a quick side by side with the Leica T1 at the leica store while stumbling around downtown.... to summarize, I saw no reason to buy the leica (not like i was in the market anyways). a6000 was just so much faster. In defense of the leica, it was built like a tank.
Previously I resorted to MF lenses for street in NYC, a6000 makes it very easy to be lazy and it is likely you will still get the shot. AF is markedly improved over N6 imho, and overall the camera feels responsive and deliberate.
Season of Summer Light Week 21, Wednesday - Introducing the third season
"Today I'm starting my third season at Year of the Alpha. Like earlier seasons this one also carries a special theme in which I will concentrate for next ten weeks. While my earlier seasons have dealt with blackness and personal memories, in this one I will concentrate on summer photography and my beautiful two year old daughter Aura. The reasons are simple. First of all, it's summer in Finland and because we live so top at the northern hemisphere it's only couple of months when we have plentifully of warmth and light. Therefore every summer is [...]"
Gearing down is such a relief. I don't hunt this or that lens for my NEX anymore, but stick to those I've already got, carriying less gear. I'm happy with the tiny Sigma 30mm. It took some time before I got used to it, but at least outdoor in good light conditions it does a good job.
Two from January, both with the NEX-5R and SEL35F18. taken where the French River meets Lake Superior. We still have a bit of ice on the big lake today.