fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       527              529       …       841       842       end
  

Archive 2011 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

  
 
alwang
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #1 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Lots of great ones on this page. vdodan and highfive, I love both of your second images.

One with the G28:

clutch by alwang, on Flickr



Apr 25, 2013 at 08:39 AM
sculptormic
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #2 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Some portraits. (Cross posted in Speedbooster thread)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8115/8659098448_7c46d93719_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8118/8657991019_a6e5fffc9c_o.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8103/8657990101_db2a040bd5_o.jpg



Apr 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM
alan_m
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #3 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Did someone say spring, sunshine etc?


Warehouse by specularist, on Flickr

Oh, alright then. MC Rokkor-x PG 50/1.4:


DSC09984 by specularist, on Flickr


DSC09975 by specularist, on Flickr


DSC09963 by specularist, on Flickr


DSC09983 by specularist, on Flickr







Apr 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Phillip Reeve
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #4 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread















Apr 25, 2013 at 03:16 PM
DtEW
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #5 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Hi all. I'm a new member in these forums. It seems like I know some of you that go by other nicks in other forums.


Sony NEX-5N w/SEL1855


Sony NEX-5N w/SEL16F28 w/FCL-ECU1


Sony NEX-5N w/SEL1018


Sony NEX-5N w/SEL35F18


Sony NEX-5N w/SEL1018


Sony NEX-5N w/SEL1018

Edited on Apr 25, 2013 at 04:58 PM · View previous versions



Apr 25, 2013 at 03:56 PM
wfrank
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #6 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


What a superb start on a NEX page.

Awesome #1, #4 and #6 Phillip and very welcome dtew, like plenty but the last have that extra. Thanks for sharing.



Apr 25, 2013 at 04:13 PM
alwang
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #7 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


DtEW wrote:
Hi all. I'm a new member in these forums. It seems like I know some of you that go by other nicks in other forums.




Fantastic stuff. Mind me asking which lens you used for these?



Apr 25, 2013 at 04:37 PM
DtEW
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #8 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


alwang wrote:
Fantastic stuff. Mind me asking which lens you used for these?


Thanks, everyone. I was directed here by somebody (nick escapes me), but became very interested when I began exploring the Speed Booster thread.

alwang: I appended the lenses used into the original post. I use my native E-mount lenses the most, but that is now bound to change now that I have an EF-to-E Speed Booster.



Apr 25, 2013 at 05:03 PM
nicoimages
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #9 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


tranhtn - amazing product shots, philips as usual perfect and DtEW really like the crane picture

CV15mm f4.5 - NEX6 this little lens never fails to impress me

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8257/8682197626_ac3f8f303d_h.jpg

Tamron 90mm Di - NEX 6

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8391/8667857609_248dd98067_h.jpg



Apr 25, 2013 at 05:38 PM
alwang
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #10 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


DtEW wrote:
Thanks, everyone. I was directed here by somebody (nick escapes me), but became very interested when I began exploring the Speed Booster thread.

alwang:
I appended the lenses used into the original post. I use my native E-mount lenses the most, but that is now bound to change now that I have an EF-to-E Speed Booster.


We don't see a lot of images here with the Sony 10-18, but I don't know why: it's clearly an excellent lens. I'd be surprised if you're going to find a better wide option using the Speedbooster (though it will certainly be nice for narrower fast-aperture stuff).



Apr 25, 2013 at 09:38 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #11 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


great wide angle shots DtEW and nico!

here's a 9 image stitch with the sigmarit 19mm:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8260/8681633801_264bd43122_o.jpg



Apr 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM
eno789
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #12 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Sigma Super-Wide-II 24mm f/2.8 "Macro" on NEX 5N








Apr 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #13 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


great flowers!

here's two more wide open shots with the 50 lux pre-asph:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8390/8681832267_fbfd2b0065_o.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8264/8682944950_86272389b9_o.jpg



Apr 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
DtEW
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #14 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


alwang wrote:
We don't see a lot of images here with the Sony 10-18, but I don't know why: it's clearly an excellent lens. I'd be surprised if you're going to find a better wide option using the Speedbooster (though it will certainly be nice for narrower fast-aperture stuff).


Oh, I mis-communicated my intent. It would indeed be difficult to find a significantly better UWA to replace the SEL1018, at least at the mid and wide end. Aside from a couple of Contax CZ primes I already have, the Speed Booster was meant to to be used with a 35mm (haven't decided between the Sigma DG HSM, Canon IS USM, or even a used CZ ZE) in lieu of the SEL24F18, and something 85mm-ish. I intend to further explore the limits of low-light social photography. I was just musing that I'd be a little busy for awhile playing with the new toys.



Apr 26, 2013 at 01:10 AM
philber
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #15 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


DtEW, welcome to FM. Regarding UWA, I have high hopes for the forthcoming Zeiss 12mm f:2.8. Considering its mooted price and that it is a prime, if it didn't outperform the cheaper Sony zoom, why would anyone buy it?


Apr 26, 2013 at 01:17 AM
ebookman
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #16 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


The three flower images are Nex 5n with Canon Macro FD 50mm 3.5, The "moon shot' used the Topcon 135.






















Apr 26, 2013 at 09:59 AM
taran
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #17 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


This page is rad (again).

@DtEW, that is gorgeous stuff.

@Philip Reeve, love the way the little lamb is snuggling in between the adults.

@sebboh, the way the lux draws is just wonderful, I am a big fan.
Zeiss 28mm ZF.2 @2

delray 3.22.133872 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

58 Voigt SLII

forton0001bw by artistwithlight, on Flickr



Apr 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM
joakim
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.528 #18 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


Played around with the Metabones Speedbooster and the Zeiss ZE 50 Planar today.

















Apr 26, 2013 at 03:35 PM
Jacob D
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #19 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


sebboh wrote:
great wide angle shots DtEW and nico!

here's a 9 image stitch with the sigmarit 19mm:
...

Awesome~!



Apr 26, 2013 at 08:54 PM
ebookman
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.528 #20 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread


sebboh wrote:
here's a 9 image stitch with the sigmarit 19mm:


That is an arresting image. I love it! I have come to assume from reading on the forum that these kinds of images are put together in Photoshop. Is that correct? I may be the last person on the forum who does not own or use Photoshop. I use LR and I am not sure why I would need additional software. Is stitching the main reason for more software?



Apr 26, 2013 at 09:10 PM
1       2       3       …       527              529       …       841       842       end




FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       527              529       …       841       842       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account