fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2010 · Sold: Sony NEX3 (NEX-3) body only

  
 
WT21
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Sold: Sony NEX3 (NEX-3) body only


I'm selling a Sony NEX3 (NEX, NEX-3) body only that I purchased used about 2-3 months ago, with accessories shown in picture, including:


    USB cable
    Neck Strap
    Manual (has a slight coffee or water mark on it, not visible in pictures)
    CD
    Flash with it's case (pic shows the flash mounted, and the case to the left)
    One Battery (in great working order)
    Battery recharger
    After market body cap (the NEX doesn't ship with a body cap, so this is a bonus)


NOT included -- SD card, and no box.

Backstory -- I bought this NEX3 + 16mm a few months ago used, to give NEX a whirl. It's a great camera for family/funtime shooting. I decided I wanted the 18-55 lens as well. I couldn't find one that was lens only, so I bought a NEX3 w/18-55. I'm keeping both lenses, and selling the older body.

This camera has not been banged, dropped or otherwise abused by me. It works flawlessly and has been updated to the latest firmware already. I babied the camera with the exception noted below.

There are some scratches on the body and the LCD cover (show in pics below). Some of them were there when I got it, but some I've managed to add somehow. I'm usually very careful with my stuff, but somehow I scratched this one a bit. I suggest an LCD film on the NEX, as it seems the LCD scratches easily (see: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1042&message=36498799&changemode=1). I did not call Sony to see if you could replace the cover at all. I know you can with Canon DSLRs. Not sure on the NEX.

The scratches on the LCD cover are mostly at the edges, though there are a very few faint ones in the middle. You don't notice any of them when using the camera, but you do notice when the camera is off. Also, the pictures make the scratches seem worse then they are, since I had to shine a bright light on them, so they'd show up in the pictures.

I've used my NEX with a Takumar 50/1.4, Takumar 135/3.5, Rokinnon 85/1.4, OM 50mm macro, and c-mount Fujian 35/1.7. It's a great camera and makes MF with legacy lenses a breeze. If you want to try legacy lenses with an APS-C sensor in a small kit, this is a great opportunity. Adapters for just about anything are readily available on .

Because of these issues and no box, I'm asking $270 which includes shipping and paypal to CONUS.



Dec 31, 2010 at 09:51 PM
WT21
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Sold: Sony NEX3 (NEX-3) body only


Bump. Save on shipping and paypal fees for a local (Boston) deal.


Jan 01, 2011 at 10:32 PM
amci4
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Sold: Sony NEX3 (NEX-3) body only


Great Camera!


Jan 02, 2011 at 02:02 AM
tuan2
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Sold: Sony NEX3 (NEX-3) body only


Ok, I'll bite Just registered to do this deal.

You can check my reference on Ebay with the same user name. 10+ years membership with zero neg feedback-over 100 I think.



Jan 02, 2011 at 04:54 AM
WT21
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Sold: Sony NEX3 (NEX-3) body only


PM replied


Jan 02, 2011 at 07:55 AM
WT21
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Sold: Sony NEX3 (NEX-3) body only


Sold!


Jan 02, 2011 at 01:15 PM





FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account