fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       2701              end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

  
 
saph
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2702 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Indeed, one thing that keeps me less interested in MF Nikkor zooms is the FL in the non cpu data, you just lose any way to manage it.

As to Jim's run in with people who commented on his attractive Nikon gear, I have that happen a number of times over the years. 9 times out of 10 it's a compliment. But once, and once only, there were these 2 guys once in downtown Annapolis that made some snarky comments about the Nikon viewfinder I had on the S2.

That was maybe 10-12 years ago. Now even a DSLR or mirrorless is a relatively rare sighting in the sea of phone 'cameras'.



Oct 08, 2026 at 01:53 PM
mp356
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2702 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


saph wrote:
Indeed, one thing that keeps me less interested in MF Nikkor zooms is the FL in the non cpu data, you just lose any way to manage it.

As to Jim's run in with people who commented on his attractive Nikon gear, I have that happen a number of times over the years. 9 times out of 10 it's a compliment. But once, and once only, there were these 2 guys once in downtown Annapolis that made some snarky comments about the Nikon viewfinder I had on the S2.

That was maybe 10-12 years ago. Now even a DSLR or mirrorless is
...Show more →

I agree Samy. I was shooting the other day with the D750 and got comments that it was "old school".

Love your take of the moon/jupiter! Nicely done.
Scott



Oct 08, 2026 at 02:26 PM
James Markus
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2702 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Tested the very wide focal length range of the two AF-Ds lenses I purchased. I don't like G-type Nikkors, because they lack f rings, and AF-S lenses also lack f rings, and having the drive motor in the lens is going to limit the camera bodies I can use them on. I feel a bit like when I found out about the TC-16A, and yhe modifications I could do. Nikon knew what grandpas want, and made it many many years ago. The two I choose are the Zoom-Nikkor AF-D 28-200mm f3.5-5.6, and the Zoom-Nikkor AF-D 80-400mm f4.5-5.6 – IF ED VR. I have been a fan of Nikon's poly-carbonate lenses - as well as their aluminum/brass lenses. The engineering in both is something to admire - imo. These will work on all my film and digital bodies from two manufacturers. So the whole crew got new brushes to paint light with. Here is the smaller one





shot with the 5DmkIII_Nikkor-S.C_55mm-f1.2-ai'd - Compact, light-weight-image quality intially is good




Oct 08, 2026 at 03:08 PM
1       2       3       …       2701              end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       2701              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account