p.1 #1 · I was lucky on a rainy day - Bunga Wijaya Kusuma (Epiphyllum anguliger
Chasing a flower - Bunga Wijaya Kusuma (Epiphyllum anguliger) - "Queen of the night" - took me several hours on a day with heavy rain showers, as I wont miss the moment this guy starts blooming. It's blooming just for a few hours during night time and then it will die.
All shots were done with EF100/2.8 macro+580ex
p.1 #3 · I was lucky on a rainy day - Bunga Wijaya Kusuma (Epiphyllum anguliger
Erwin,
Nice set of this oversized beauty, I have them on my balcony.
It is amazing when you have 10 or more blooms happening the same night,
it's a overload for the nose
p.1 #6 · I was lucky on a rainy day - Bunga Wijaya Kusuma (Epiphyllum anguliger
Beautiful pictures, but this is not Epiphyllum anguligar, it is Epiphyllum oxypetalum. Anguligar has severely angular growth and the flower doesn;t look anything like oxypetalum's.
p.1 #9 · I was lucky on a rainy day - Bunga Wijaya Kusuma (Epiphyllum anguliger
@GeorgeM
thanks for your valuable comments, but this shots happened in open air in my garden. The flower is just growing in front of the garden wall, so nothing on top, left or front.
I was testing a lot as I had only one flash available to avoid clipping on the highlights, which certainly didn't happen, so a good reason to convince my wife to get at least one more unit for such circumstances