Deadline: September 1st noon UTC/GMT

MA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2007 · #40: Aloft on golden air

James Markus
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #40: Aloft on golden air

It was a really hard choice this time....too many good shots, but the simplicity of this one just won out over the others.

Mar 29, 2007 at 06:46 PM
Steven Roberts
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #40: Aloft on golden air

wow, what a view. Must have been a lovely moment for you to be at this place, not to mention being able to capture the moment. I envy you guys!

Steve

Mar 29, 2007 at 08:44 PM
Beverly Guhl
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #40: Aloft on golden air

Gorgeous, Jim! As usual!!! That sky color is just stunning. Plus, I admire anyone who can capture a moving creature. Q: What is creating the abrupt shadow transition on the water?

Mar 29, 2007 at 08:58 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #40: Aloft on golden air

The shadow I am not sure about. There was a fog forming offshore, and quite dramatic temperature differences on Sunday. The air temp got up to 80 F but there was ice blocks floating along the shore, and a ridge of ice covered in sand about 50 off shore. Plus many, many clouds...so it could be a cloud shadow, or the fog causing a shadow over the water. You can see the line of red further out where the sun is hitting lake michigan again. Later that day the dark band literally turned white. It was unusally warm...so I brought the whole family out to the beach and grilled steaks ...almost had the place to ourselves. It was really a great day, and I got tons of great shots between firing up the grill and flipping steaks.

Oh, BTW I practiced shooting some birds the day before at a pond.... you can see some of them here.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/521778

Mar 29, 2007 at 09:10 PM
Beverly Guhl
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #40: Aloft on golden air

1_of_9 wrote:
Oh, BTW I practiced shooting some birds the day before at a pond.... you can see some of them here.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/521778

Those are fabulous shots, Jim!! I aspire to get such great captures. I'm best with 'sitting ducks'. lol

Yes, fog, light, etc. plays tricks on the eyes and creates some interesting effects.

Mar 29, 2007 at 10:35 PM
judi
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #40: Aloft on golden air

I love the simplicity also...and the composition is "spot on"..Your other bird shots are really great.....I especially like the 7th one down....the wings and their reflection makes a very unique look..

Mar 30, 2007 at 08:04 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #40: Aloft on golden air

Another brilliant shot, Jim, my friend! The color is spectacular. Bravo! A monthly finalist for sure!

Fond regards,

Endre

Apr 10, 2007 at 01:16 AM
Philly Rains
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #40: Aloft on golden air

Another beautiful image, Jim. Very well done!

Apr 18, 2007 at 02:35 PM
shibutg
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #40: Aloft on golden air

Well done, love it!

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:01 PM
nnonno

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #40: Aloft on golden air

Beautiful shot

Sep 09, 2021 at 06:31 AM

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.