I'm pretty much a confirmed dSLR guy. I've owned a Z5 w/24-70 f/4 and a z50 with the 2 lens kit. I traded them both for a D500 w/16-80 f/2.8-4. I much prefer a good OVF and the sound of a dSLR. However, the one thing I did really like about mirrorless was the LIVE VIEW. I have read that the D780's LIVE VIEW is similar to the Z6 etc. I'm considering getting a d780 for the LIVE VIEW feature. What do you folks think?
The D780 is very good, my main issue with it is it doesn't have vertical grip functionality.
It can't mount the really nice Z mount 24-120 F4, 24-70mm II Z, 50mm 1.8 Z, and 85mm 1.2Z...otherwise its really good.
I still use a D600/D500 to host my smaller AF/AF-D glass, and the single biggest difference I feel when switching between the Z8 and the D600 is the live view/tilt-screen experience. The D780 videos don't make it look like a live view powerhouse by any means, but it does seem better than any other Nikon DSLR.
Not a pressing issue, but if a deal were to arise...