hsingh259 wrote:
is there a difference in IQ of Fuji 16-55 & Sigma ?
Yes, but the Sigma is still very good. The Sigma is also half the size and weight; it's truly tiny. No aperture ring is the only real downside. That said, I have both and usually grab the Fuji 16-55 Mark II.
I like the Fuji 16-80/4 for it's focal range, bokeh and really excellent OIS. All while being the size of some FF primes.
For street I would probably want something faster so I wasn't leaning on ISO gain to freeze movement. If you shot at the wide end a lot maybe the brighter 2.8-4.8 kit lenses would serve you better. But I like zooming out to the 80mm end a lot.
I used the 16-80 for a couple years prior to upgrading to the 16-55II. There's no question that the 16-55 is better with the biggest upgrade being the bigger aperture that is fully usable at f2.8. But I have missed the reach of the 16-80 a few times and it was usable at the long end with OIS. I've wondered if my copy of the 16-80 was exceptional based on others critical of it, it served me pretty well. To me, 16mm is important over the 18 of the Sigma so I wouldn't consider that lens. If you can get past the expense of the 16-55II, it is a truly exceptional zoom. It feels like the baby brother to my GF45-100.