I have a CarrySpeed CS2 strap which I've used for a good decade plus. It's been all over the world with me!
Unfortunately the ball joint after all these years has ground down and it's time to replace it. I've already resewn part of the strap from fraying, but the ball joint/threaded joint is is at risk of breaking.
I dislike the BlackRapid attachment method but what other options exist? I'm looking for a shoulder sling strap that perhaps clamps to an Arca plate or has a plate of its own.
I would want it to attach direcly to a 400mm f5.6 or 70-200mm f2.8, and to the base of a EOS RP.
QD straps are the cleanest, most direct attachment method. This assumes you have QD sockets on all your gear. If not, you either need to get camera and lens plates which have QD sockets or an Arca style clamp with a QD socket as an adapter to existing plates.
Thank you! I did not know about this QD standard...I think what I need is exactly what you have shown--plus one QD camera body plate. I already have the Arca plates for the lenses.
Sometimes it's just trying to figure out what to type into the search box (: