fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
  

Best Fuji for Low Light Performance?

  
 
gdanmitchell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Best Fuji for Low Light Performance?


“That guy” is sure down on Fujifilm… as usual. Always a bad word for, well, almost everything. (It is a pattern — something is wrong with everything other than him and the gear he uses this week. ;-)

I’m in the Eastern Sierra photographing fall color right now, so it isn’t easy for me to post example photographs. (Down from the heights, grabbing an espressos in Bishop, catching up on email and the web, and then moving on again…) It this is still going on when I get home and I have time, I’ll share some night photography done with the XT5.

Bottom line: the XT5 works great for night photography of most types. (I’m regularly doing night street photography with mine, using Fujifilm primes, and the XT5 is my primary travel camera now.)

This “there’s something else that might be better at something” stuff spins out of control too often. Are there some contemporary FF bodies that have even better low light performance than APS-C cameras like Fujifilm. Sure. And there are miniMF systems that are better than FF, and so on.

But the real question is whether the performance, along with the other factors that are important to you, will do a fine job of the photography you intend to do. From what you describe, I’m confident that the XT5 works great will, along with several other options you could weigh against it.



Oct 07, 2026 at 02:54 PM
1              end






FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account