G-FOTO.de wrote:
Did you look at the 100% view below?
You think this is not sharp?
If yes, we have different definition of sharpness.
The eye is not in focus. This might have the same issue as some of the 400-800s here that constantly back focus/front focus. The heron BIF has significant motion blur.
aryanenzo wrote:
The eye is not in focus. This might have the same issue as some of the 400-800s here that constantly back focus/front focus. The heron BIF has significant motion blur.
It is certainly good to test for that with a new lens. Magnus mentioned in a comment what he did when testing his lenses, and the additional effort he went through with the 600mm.
"And I took several shots, six with each lens, and compared them with one another to make sure there weren’t any inconsistencies. So it wasn’t just a case of one image being slightly out of focus. I compared all the images.
When I noticed that the 600mm seemed less sharp and lacked the contrast of the 400mm with the teleconverter, I also tried manual focus and fine-tuned it carefully to rule out the possibility that the focus was slightly off."