fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end
  

Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread

  
 
robert614
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


arbitrage wrote:
What male connector were you using? I was having some unexpected releases with QD when I was using some cheaper male connectors bought off Amazon. Thankfully none that crashed to the ground. If I pulled hard enough I could pull them apart.
I subsequently switched to the Leofoto male connector and haven't had any issues and can't pull them apart no matter how hard I pull.


I tried all the QD connectors I have. Leofoto, ProMedia Gear, Three Legged Thing (which appear to use the same connector Leofoto use), and one for rifle straps that I can’t remember the name of. It was definitely the foot that was defective. I’ve used the male connectors on all my other camera plates and lens feet without issues

I’m just happy I tested it before I used it in the field. That wouldn’t have been fun

Anyways, I appreciate all the help guys. But I don’t want to annoy people by cluttering up thread more than I already have



Oct 08, 2026 at 10:10 AM
valmofab
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


Has anyone compared the optical quality of the 300mm with a 2x TC (at 600mm f/5.6) against the new 600mm f/6.3?

How do they compare in terms of sharpness and contrast?

Thanks, Fabien.



Oct 08, 2026 at 02:09 PM
Tarekith
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


Yes, check out Jan's video:




Oct 08, 2026 at 03:17 PM
MohChee
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread




compares side-by-side shots of
600 F4, 300 F2.8, 200-600, 400-800, 400 F4.5 & 600 F6.3

Also results with 1.4x/2x TC.



Oct 08, 2026 at 04:33 PM
Douglas L
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · Sony FE 600mm f/6.3 GM OSS Images Thread


MohChee wrote:



compares side-by-side shots of
600 F4, 300 F2.8, 200-600, 400-800, 400 F4.5 & 600 F6.3

Also results with 1.4x/2x TC.


Thanks for the link. More than a few reviewers aid the 400 f4.5+1.4TC is sharper than the 600 f6.3. Quite a surprise.



Oct 08, 2026 at 04:49 PM
1       2              end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account