fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

Basilica of Santa Maria - Barcelona

  
 
Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Basilica of Santa Maria - Barcelona


I usually process my B&W images without any toning. For some reason, I’ve always found it quite challenging to choose a tone that feels natural and truly resonates with the subject. I tend to prefer the simplicity of a pure B&W conversion, letting the contrast, light, and shadows do the work.

A few weeks ago, Bob Jarman posted a few images, and the toning he used really caught my attention. It was subtle, yet it added a beautiful character and atmosphere to the photographs. Bob was kind enough to share his recipe with me, thank you, Bob!

I decided to revisit and reprocess a few images from a trip to Barcelona, and I felt this particular tonality worked really well with these photographs. It gives the images a slightly different mood while still preserving the character of the architecture and the atmosphere I remember from the trip.

The Basilica of Santa Maria was built in 1883, and its architecture and history seemed like a perfect match for this treatment.








































Oct 04, 2026 at 08:07 PM
RWNPhoto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Basilica of Santa Maria - Barcelona


Nicely done


Oct 04, 2026 at 08:09 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Basilica of Santa Maria - Barcelona





Oct 04, 2026 at 08:37 PM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account