I normally upgrade my PC every five years and I am do for one especially after I'm seeing the results from the AI assisted feature on Photoshop. I'm also considering getting a Mac instead for the first time. The one I am looking at is the M5 Max: 18-core cpu, 32-core gpu. It's about CDN$ 6200. It's more expensive than a Dell Tower Plus EBT 2250 RTX 5070 12 GB GDDR&, 32GB DDR5 up to 5600 mt/s, 2TB M.2 2230SSD Gen 4x4 which is CDN$ 5050. Is the Mac a lot faster? Also the Mac does not include a mouse and keyboard. Moreover, can I use my Dell 27 inch monitor if I get the Mac?
Rather than GASing on Sigma 50/1.2 vs. upcoming Viltrox 50/1.2 I rather put my $$$ in a new computer. In the next five years I envision using a lot more of the AI assisted features as I'm really loving the results. BTW, I don't do batch processing, it's 100% one image at a time editing. Might do video someday.