fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

500mm PF help!

  
 
cobradriver619
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · 500mm PF help!


Looking to replace the small rectangular mounting plate secured by four screws, with the metal threaded insert in the center—not the removable tripod foot of my 500mm PF. Anyone have any idea where I can get this part?







Oct 02, 2026 at 09:28 PM
Maxxus46
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · 500mm PF help!


Tough one.. check on eBay ? Otherwise, if you cannot locate the original Nikon part , maybe have machinist fix the existing one or machine a replacement for you ? I know Hejnar photo does some custom work, and Chris Hejnars machining is excellent. Consider reaching out to Chris and see if this is a custom job he would consider along with a quote? Good luck


Oct 03, 2026 at 08:03 PM
cobradriver619
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · 500mm PF help!


Thanks Maxxus, I checked on eBay and all they had was the part for the 70-200 VRii.


Oct 04, 2026 at 08:07 PM
EB-1
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · 500mm PF help!


Is the lens discontinued by Nikon at this point? I assume you already contacted them.

EBH



Oct 04, 2026 at 09:57 PM







FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account