p.2 #2 · Switching to Sony, need lens recommendations
EB-1 wrote:
Don't get hung up on marketing labels of L or G or GM. Each lens needs to stand on its own.
EBH
Exactly. I use the tiny Sony 35 2.8 lens not strictly because of its name, but for its huge capabilities in such a tiny body. It’s a perfect travel lens…definitely one that stands on its own.
p.2 #3 · Switching to Sony, need lens recommendations
Jack Flesher wrote:
@gdanmitchell@, re: >>and, possibly in some cases, fill in for the Fujifilm setup.)<< I suspect "fill in for" is going to = "replace"
One of the real beauties of the Sony system is you can travel with a spare camera that takes up very little space and weighs just about nothing that still uses all the same lenses and accessories as your main camera…in other words, a true backup camera.
I’d never travel with a different camera system as a backup…along with it’s own lenses, batteries…etc…