I would never buy an Apple camera. All that fakery is not for me.
You would not be able to change out the battery.
You would not be able to replace the storage.
Everything would be glued in and extremely difficult to service.
I’m not so sure about Apple entering the camera market. They would rather sell you an iPhone with th camera embedded, and I cannot see them coming out wth a camera competitor to the brands we usually deal with here.
However…
… software is a different matter.
There are features on the iPhone that probably should be integrated into mainstream cameras. Take, for example, the iPhone’s ability to let you pan your camera across a subject and instantly create a panorama… as opposed to how we do that with our cameras. Why wouldn’t a camera company adopt a feature like that? (I’m not saying that this method produces better panoramas, but it produces quite good panoramas with much less fuss.)
Speaking of panoramas, the phone will let me create that sort of panorama… handheld… at night. It is actually pretty remarkable. I know how to make panoramas, even at night, with my regular camera gear… but it would likely require a tripod, remote release, a series of overlapping exposures, and then some sophisticated work in post.
You know that Samsung and Pixel phones have done panos for many years now as have other brands?
It's not like you need Apple in particular. I'm sure whatever other AI stuff will continue ramping up in most high-grade phones whether for better or worse.
EB-1 wrote:
You know that Samsung and Pixel phones have done panos for many years now as have other brands?
It's not like you need Apple in particular. I'm sure whatever other AI stuff will continue ramping up in most high-grade phones whether for better or worse.
EBH
Fair enough. I referred to Apple since it was the subject of this thread.