fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

Crumbling Farmstead

  
 
bnfotografie
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Crumbling Farmstead


I drove past this old stone farmstead a couple of days ago. I've shot it several times and posted other shots here, but they've been much more close up. I was taught early in my photo career to "get close, and when you think you're close enough get closer." Sometimes I think a bit more context can be effective, so this time I just shot it from the road.
I keep wondering which will be the first to go completely--me or this old home.
Brent





Old Stone Farmstead

  LEICA D-Lux 8    DC VARIO-SUMMILUX 1:1.7-2.8/10.9-34 ASPH. lens    16mm    f/4.5    1/160s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  



Edited on Sep 27, 2026 at 12:58 PM · View previous versions



Sep 27, 2026 at 08:29 AM
Jack Flesher
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Crumbling Farmstead


I really like this one Brent! Great tones and composition that really “support” the subject!


Sep 27, 2026 at 09:33 AM
bnfotografie
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Crumbling Farmstead




Jack Flesher wrote:
I really like this one Brent! Great tones and composition that really “support” the subject!


Thanks Jack. I also like it more than the previous shots taken much closer that I've posted here.
Brent



Sep 27, 2026 at 12:57 PM
lazlo36
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Crumbling Farmstead


It looks like a ruin somewhere is Scotland. Nice , dark tones, fits the subject


Sep 27, 2026 at 06:40 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Lightsearcher
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Crumbling Farmstead


Dramatic sky and treatment Brent, the vignette make the old building pop up.

Marcelo



Sep 27, 2026 at 08:50 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Crumbling Farmstead


Great all around, and my thoughts at first the same as Lazlo's - dystopian Scotland.

For my taste, the setting is perfect - I'd have it hanging in my office.

Bob



Sep 27, 2026 at 09:22 PM
douter
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Crumbling Farmstead


Sweeeet, Brent, rules were made to be broken.
Douglas



Sep 28, 2026 at 06:48 AM
bnfotografie
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Crumbling Farmstead


lazlo36 wrote:
It looks like a ruin somewhere is Scotland. Nice , dark tones, fits the subject


---------------------------------------------

Lightsearcher wrote:
Dramatic sky and treatment Brent, the vignette make the old building pop up.

Marcelo


---------------------------------------------

Bob Jarman wrote:
Great all around, and my thoughts at first the same as Lazlo's - dystopian Scotland.

For my taste, the setting is perfect - I'd have it hanging in my office.

Bob


---------------------------------------------

douter wrote:
Sweeeet, Brent, rules were made to be broken.
Douglas



Lazlo, Marcelo, Bob and Douglas--Thanks very much for the kind words.
Brent




Sep 28, 2026 at 08:29 AM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account