p.2 #1 · Canon R5 II vs R6 II — Is the R5 II Really Worth the Extra Money?
I regularly use both camera bodies. I use them for field sports for youth and high school sports. Both get the job done, but I prefer the R5ii for the cropping ability and the viewfinder is nicer to look through for me. AF is more sticky on the R5ii in my usage.
I also really like the people priority feature for when I shoot my kids sports or activities. Basically it will lock onto their face when they are in the frame. Really nice for soccer right now.
Obviously the R5ii is a more expensive camera and has more features, but the R6ii did the job for me before I got the R5ii. My biggest reason for the upgrade was I wanted the stacked sensor of the R5ii to try and prevent some of the rolling shutter I would get with the R6ii. Baseball bats and tennis rackets would really warp. The readout speed of the R5ii does a much better job to reduce that.
p.2 #2 · Canon R5 II vs R6 II — Is the R5 II Really Worth the Extra Money?
rscheffler wrote:
I'd be interested in your opinion about the R6III advantages over the R6II in respect to stills rather than video. Ignoring the resolution difference, have you noticed any performance improvements with the III over the II? Particularly around AF speed/responsiveness and EVF blackout/lag. Any other 'quality of life' improvements?
I held out for the III because I don't really need 45MP most of the time, but got the R5II instead once it was confirmed the III would not be a stacked sensor.
The autofocus is improved to at least the R5 Mark II. Incredibly better than my R6 Mark II. Do not buy a II iteration, period.
Youtube can answer all your questions…
p.2 #3 · Canon R5 II vs R6 II — Is the R5 II Really Worth the Extra Money?
macentropist wrote:
The autofocus is improved to at least the R5 Mark II. Incredibly better than my R6 Mark II. Do not buy a II iteration, period.
Youtube can answer all your questions…
Regards,
Brian
Thanks! Your answer saves me having to wade through video reviews.
p.2 #4 · Canon R5 II vs R6 II — Is the R5 II Really Worth the Extra Money?
macentropist wrote:
The autofocus is improved to at least the R5 Mark II. Incredibly better than my R6 Mark II. Do not buy a II iteration, period.
Youtube can answer all your questions…
Sorry to take this slightly off topic, but you really did find the difference in AF between MkIII and II that substantial?
p.2 #5 · Canon R5 II vs R6 II — Is the R5 II Really Worth the Extra Money?
macentropist wrote:
I will add a second option and I think it’s a solid option, and that is the Canon R6 Mark III. My two main bodies are the Canon R6 Mark II and Mark III. I shoot both video and photo and the video benefits of the version III are incredible. No comparison against the Mark II. I have seen in the buy and sell for the Mark.III a couple times vs $2799 retail. I do have the 5D but it’s auto focus capabilities bother me and I rarely use it. I guess I should put it up on the buy and sell board ask 100 bucks.