fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
  

FUJIFILM XF 400mm f/4.5 R LM OIS WR Lens

  
 
jakelindsay
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · FUJIFILM XF 400mm f/4.5 R LM OIS WR Lens


JadedWriter wrote:
I literally used to shoot 3 brands in unison. I'm an ex Sony user. You do not see me on that board being antagonistic to the extent that Sony users are about anything else not Sony. Everybody for the most part makes something very competent in this space there's no need to act like everything is hyper inferior because it's not Sony branded. I actually want this XF400 4.5, I'm still waiting for other people in here to buy this lens and show what it can do.



I hear you. I just think it's funny when people get frustrated about people talking about different brands within specific sub forums. Go troll the Sony forum about default color renderings, . It's all gear and sometimes it's good to get perspectives from other offerings. I think Sony has done an incredible job of making light weight medium fast telephotos at relatively good prices. But maybe in this case, the added weight and cost of the Fuji 400m F4.5 is justified in better build quality and more robust weather sealing or something we're not yet aware of.

In the end, I'm just glad Fuji is releasing all of theses medium fast telephotos. Now just get that rumored 50-140 F2.8 released already!



Oct 05, 2026 at 01:01 PM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · FUJIFILM XF 400mm f/4.5 R LM OIS WR Lens


Yeah I'm just like, "It's easier to get info and reviews on the new Sony gear, please don't clog up this dead thread about a lens most people in here don't care about" or in my case tired of hearing about because I also have to deal with that on the Nikon board from said Sony people. I'm definitely looking forward to more info/photos from this lens. I'm hoping WildFreeVictoria can get a loaner for this and do a video from it since I love her work.
jakelindsay wrote:
I hear you. I just think it's funny when people get frustrated about people talking about different brands within specific sub forums. Go troll the Sony forum about default color renderings, . It's all gear and sometimes it's good to get perspectives from other offerings. I think Sony has done an incredible job of making light weight medium fast telephotos at relatively good prices. But maybe in this case, the added weight and cost of the Fuji 400m F4.5 is justified in better build quality and more robust weather sealing or something we're not yet aware of.

In the end,
...Show more →




Oct 05, 2026 at 01:21 PM
SGinNorcal
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · FUJIFILM XF 400mm f/4.5 R LM OIS WR Lens


I'm always excited to hear about any new Fuji telephoto. I wish they would release more mid length since they have longer stuff pretty well covered right now with the 150-600 and 500. The 400 might be a better length for me than the 500. I wish they would get the 50-140 released, that could be really useful for me and I've resisted the porky original due to size. I really enjoy an adapted Canon 135/f2 on my X-T5, be nice to have a prime in that range native.


Oct 05, 2026 at 02:02 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · FUJIFILM XF 400mm f/4.5 R LM OIS WR Lens


Yeah they could use a prime that hits the 200 range. I was wanting Viltrox to put the 135 Lab on X mount, but they never did and I'm never buying that lens since I found a Plena at a great refurbished price 2 years ago.
SGinNorcal wrote:
I'm always excited to hear about any new Fuji telephoto. I wish they would release more mid length since they have longer stuff pretty well covered right now with the 150-600 and 500. The 400 might be a better length for me than the 500. I wish they would get the 50-140 released, that could be really useful for me and I've resisted the porky original due to size. I really enjoy an adapted Canon 135/f2 on my X-T5, be nice to have a prime in that range native.





Oct 05, 2026 at 02:10 PM
SGinNorcal
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · FUJIFILM XF 400mm f/4.5 R LM OIS WR Lens


JadedWriter wrote:
Yeah they could use a prime that hits the 200 range. I was wanting Viltrox to put the 135 Lab on X mount, but they never did and I'm never buying that lens since I found a Plena at a great refurbished price 2 years ago.



What magic has you mounting a Plena on a Fuji X?



Oct 05, 2026 at 04:22 PM
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · FUJIFILM XF 400mm f/4.5 R LM OIS WR Lens


I ain't. I have a Nikon Z system as well. I just post on the Fuji board more probably these days
SGinNorcal wrote:
What magic has you mounting a Plena on a Fuji X?





Oct 05, 2026 at 04:40 PM
1              end






FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account