I had the R8 and they solved all that I wanted. Back focus button and ibis, so very good, but at that price I would choose a R6ii and have the extra controls, evf...
But if you want the lightest R8ii looks like a very good camera as well.
Not that I am in the market for the R8 MKII, but Canon Canada has put a pre order offer out to Canadian customers
1. One Year CPS Gold membership - free of charge
2. Cashback offer for 1 lens ($500 for RF L-series lenses, $300 for RF non-L series lenses with an MSRP over $500)
While I wouldn't use the horrific ergonomics of Sony's older bodies as a good point of comparison - much of the 'size' of Canon's bodies comes down to making cameras that encourage people to pick them up and shoot rather than the opposite - the lack of the latest LP-E6 does provide a strong point of criticism.
I feel that the smaller battery and single card slot were done primarily to clean up Canon's own lineup more than hard limitations.
The R8 mkI is very small but ergonomic. The R8 II is bigger which would allow using a normal sized battery. The small anemic battery is a marketing decision. For now the similarly priced R6II is a better alternative but that won't be an option once it's sold out and you'll be gently forced to either pay extra for the expensive R6III or buy the also expensive R8 II and a bag of LP-E7 batteries. Gotta love Canon.
Ryzbor wrote:
The R8 mkI is very small but ergonomic. The R8 II is bigger which would allow using a normal sized battery. The small anemic battery is a marketing decision. For now the similarly priced R6II is a better alternative but that won't be an option once it's sold out and you'll be gently forced to either pay extra for the expensive R6III or buy the also expensive R8 II and a bag of LP-E7 batteries. Gotta love Canon.