p.2 #1 · Old 5D images with today's post-processing
Mike Deep wrote:
1D Mark II checking in again. I've been applying modern day processing to a lot of older photos. The raws from that thing really hold up.
I only shoot raw because of this!
My 20D performed most excellent and was my 1st digital body. I have stayed with a xD(90D) because of the on board flash AND...the sensor renders a fine raw image.
The APS-C sensor is excellent for my macro work!
The last is a blast! Sorry for the pun..couldn't help it!
p.2 #2 · Old 5D images with today's post-processing
Danpbphoto wrote:
Was this the new space telescope?
That was Parker Solar Probe back in 2018. I've been out of the game for about six years now, just been revisiting old raws and discovering there's so much more I can do with them today.
p.2 #3 · Old 5D images with today's post-processing
Imagemaster wrote:
Some more 'Oldies' from a real Oldie.
Great shots! that white raven looks particular interesting, must be super rare sight! Though I notice it looks like there are some horizontal banding on the lower body, is that artifact present in the original raw file?
p.2 #5 · Old 5D images with today's post-processing
It was even sort of usable for wildlife photography.
Here's an old one from Fish Creek in the Tongass National Forest in Alaska; I was saddened to learn the other day that this important salmon and grizzly bear habitat is about to be logged.
Canon EOS 5DEF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens400mmf/5.61/125s500 ISO0.0 EV
p.2 #6 · Old 5D images with today's post-processing
Looking at some of these wonderful older photos makes me wonder whether we've really needed all of those expensive newer cameras we've bought? Better post- processing seems to have filled in for a lot of those cameras' shortcomings.
p.2 #7 · Old 5D images with today's post-processing
These are from years ago but processed in ACR, Br, Ps and NIK Collection Canon 5D and EF70-200mmf2.8 IS.
Dan
This is a very olde wood saw mill just outside the perimeter of Camp David, MD. It is a State Park. All the gears are made of wood. Rubber/canvas belts drive the saw blade.
The "metal" gear structure is NOT part of the saw mill but is n the grounds. This is such a delight to view in the Fall. There is about a 1/4 mile wooden walkway that transports you back to the mill hidden in the woods.
The leaves lay on the decking an make for a beautiful display for Fall. I have some photos but can't find what "file" I put them in.
Dan
p.2 #8 · Old 5D images with today's post-processing
rancherpix wrote:
Looking at some of these wonderful older photos makes me wonder whether we've really needed all of those expensive newer cameras we've bought? Better post- processing seems to have filled in for a lot of those cameras' shortcomings.
I could NOT AGREE more!
Dan
p.2 #9 · Old 5D images with today's post-processing
Danpbphoto wrote:
These are from years ago but processed in ACR, Br, Ps and NIK Collection Canon 5D and EF70-200mmf2.8 IS.
Dan
This is a very olde wood saw mill just outside the perimeter of Camp David, MD. It is a State Park. All the gears are made of wood. Rubber/canvas belts drive the saw blade.
The "metal" gear structure is NOT part of the saw mill but is n the grounds. This is such a delight to view in the Fall. There is about a 1/4 mile wooden walkway that transports you back to the mill hidden in the woods.
The leaves lay on the decking an make for a beautiful display for Fall. I have some photos but can't find what "file" I put them in.
Dan...Show more →